those with speaker issues something to check

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'll start by saying I am meticulous when it comes to cleaning my phone. I read an article about bacteria found on phones grossed me out. I keep my Titan in a Case Mate case it goes in my right front pocket so it's never exposed to anything. I was cleaning my Titan today and for the first time in a week or more I took the back cover off to clean inside. I found lint from my pocket inside the back cover. Not just a little or small peace's not huge peace's either but way more than expected. I know a lot of people carry there device in there pockets so could this be what's causing some of the speaker issues? Those having muffled speaker issues check under the cover make sure you don't some lint or something under the back cover covering the speaker hole.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I would also like to add a suggestion. If you are having this issue take off the back cover and try to look through the hole where the speaker is located on the bottom of the back cover. See if you can see light through the hole. I'm thinking maybe when the rubber coating was applied to the metal back some of the coating might be covering the hole. I can think of a few methods to remove it but I don't want anyone messing up there device on my suggestion. You shouldn't have to do something to your device to make it work better but if you like your Titan and want to keep it this might be an alternative to returning it.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I would also like to add a suggestion. If you are having this issue take off the back cover and try to look through the hole where the speaker is located on the bottom of the back cover. See if you can see light through the hole. I'm thinking maybe when the rubber coating was applied to the metal back some of the coating might be covering the hole. I can think of a few methods to remove it but I don't want anyone messing up there device on my suggestion. You shouldn't have to do something to your device to make it work better but if you like your Titan and want to keep it this might be an alternative to returning it.

yea I have checked all that and have even contemplated drilling out the back cover speaker hole (it's actually smaller than the speaker hole inside the phone), it's like a pin hole. But as others have mentioned even making calls with the back off (directly into Mic) results in a muddied quality.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My wif's phone several years agao was experiencing call issues with the speaker she took the p[hone into ATT and thy took the back off of the phone and the speaker was completely covered by a bunch of lint pulled it all out and the phone call quality came back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes