My phone got some attention last night at a party! :)

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
TWO iphone users were just milling about and saw my phone on the table and were WOW about the size of the screen, lol. Oh, and also one other guy on an Android was pretty interested in my keyboard (the virtual keyboard, that is, it's an HTC Titan) and the calender. I was describing my horribly convoluted calender system to him (lol, it works for me).

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Was this a "drink your alcohol quietly" party? or a "throw-up in the nearest mopping bucket" party? well I guess it doesn't really matter so long as Windows Phone is getting exposure lol

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This girl on the bus was glued to my screen while I was using it.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Every time I pull out my phone, I get the amazed looks and questions about what kind of phone is that? That screen is amazing!!! (Omnia 7)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems WP7 is gradually but steadily gaining more and more interest. I think there is at least a modicum of upswing where brand recognition is concerned as it seems like more and more people (even people who've seen me with the phone before) are actually starting to ask me "Is that one of those Windows Phones?" instead of just "What's that?".

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Was this a "drink your alcohol quietly" party? or a "throw-up in the nearest mopping bucket" party? well I guess it doesn't really matter so long as Windows Phone is getting exposure lol

It was a Christmas party, but for work, so the "no alcohol but you have to go anyway" variety. LOL

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the live tiles do draw interest for sure. More so that the dated look of iOS and even droid's new Ice Cream Sandwich, Corn Bread Stuffing, or Chicken Pot Pie or whatever the **** it's called.

My brother in law has had it with his iPhone 4, AT&T's craptastic 3G network is just to overloaded here in Austin anymore to reliably provide him access to the network like one would expect. I told him, if he cannot go to Verizon then he needs to go 4G to get off AT&T's overloaded 3G network here. After I showed him my Titan he was in love.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It was a Christmas party, but for work, so the "no alcohol but you have to go anyway" variety. LOL

oh man... yeah that's what I was meaning to put lol... "drink your alcohol quietly/formal possibly zero alcohol" party lol. As I said before though... WP7 getting recognition!

Thamuz

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
TWO iphone users were just milling about and saw my phone on the table and were WOW about the size of the screen, lol. Oh, and also one other guy on an Android was pretty interested in my keyboard (the virtual keyboard, that is, it's an HTC Titan) and the calender. I was describing my horribly convoluted calender system to him (lol, it works for me).

I had the same thing happening to me over the weekend :D
No less than 3 iPhone users were extremely impressed, stating 'That's definitely something new and refreshing'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb