Tokens are available!

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How you know what number you are???

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

I am running the unlock tool...under heavy traffic, it queus you up...I have been plugged into my laptop for an hour (thankfully, the Titan has a "never" setting on the screen going to sleep)...at this point, 1 hour in, I am now number 24 in queu...

I knew the tokens would go fast, so as soon as I found out about them, I snagged one figuring I would unlock later...yeah, right...:cool:who was I kidding? I didn't realize the site did the work, so I jumped into it...

I don't want to lose my place in line, so I'm committed...ready for bed, but I'm not sure what my input level is with this, so...I reckon I'll wait it out...

update: at 3:25am, I am now number 19...

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I'll get queued up at work. That wait is ridiculous. Sheesh. Hopefully I can download the unlock tool on the laptops.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
im so confused about the different unlocking techniques on WP. What does this one do? And what does it NOT do? Can i buy one now and unlock when i get home from work?

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Update...

Done...worked...installed a xap...works...success!

Fell asleep waiting, so not sure exactly how long it took to make it thru the queu, but I can confirm there was no input from me at all during the process...the unlocking tool did all the work -- nothing like unlocking my Focus...

Now on to some Homebrew :cool:....

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Intersesting that they decide to make this "announcement" on the day that Chevron adds more tokens--where was this news a week or two ago?

I read thru the comments at the bottom, and I have to agree with the majority that it is worth the $9 to be official and supported down the road...

And to be fair, this Titan is the first unit I have ever paid to jailbreak/root.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
so they are available and you have to pay still? i'm confused about the unlocking on the windows phones.

Unlocking in this sense means the same as 'jailbreaking' an iPhone, or 'rooting' an Android device...this allows you to sideload apps that aren't in the Marketplace for whatever reason (adult content, infringing on someone's copyright, etc.)

It does not SIM-unlock the device so you can use it on a different network. It will still be SIM locked to the Death Star.

The $9 buys you a token. The token is just a code that you copy and paste into their unlocking tool. Buy it, download the tool, plug in your phone, follow the directions onscreen--pretty basic and simple.

And that is what we are paying for--the simplicity of it all.

Those of us that unlocked our first generation devices can probably appreciate how much work has gone into developing one program to unlock any WP7 device.

Once unlocked, you can search the different forums and find "Homebrew" apps to customize your device however you like. You will need to get some other tools loaded onto your computer to assist with that process. Not difficult, but also not for the timid or feint of heart...help is out there if you get stuck.

I have performed my fair share of nerd-surgery, but am no expert, so someone correct me if anything I have said is incorrect...

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, damn...ya'll are all proof of the whole patience being virtuous crap my mother told me growing up--how nice for you...:p

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
lol... maybe at night (late night), it's longer wait times. Seems like I'm seeing the longer queues, early AM.

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to get a token, but it keeps saying my card can't be used. It's a Visa debit card, and the money is in my account. I sent an email to the support address, but was just wondering if any of you guys have come across this problem. I don't have a PayPal account, but it says I should be able to use any debit or credit card. Anyone else seen this problem?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to get a token, but it keeps saying my card can't be used. It's a Visa debit card, and the money is in my account. I sent an email to the support address, but was just wondering if any of you guys have come across this problem. I don't have a PayPal account, but it says I should be able to use any debit or credit card. Anyone else seen this problem?
Not I, but I used PayPal. I would definitely create a PayPal account and not just for this transaction, but any transaction using money, online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)