Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By robrob12345
  • 1 Post By lemonsteveo
  • 1 Post By Rovietka
  • 1 Post By TheRewardisCheese

I just had to put it in here :)

I have to wait a week... a whole week.... sheesh...

I'm scared, I hope it's not too big. I really really hope not. It cost a bomb and I can't just sent it back (not on plan or anything, they're not in Australia yet (if ever)).

<nervous wait>
    HeyCori likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by robrob12345 View Post
    I just had to put it in here :)

I have to wait a week... a whole week.... sheesh...

I'm scared, I hope it's not too big. I really really hope not. It cost a bomb and I can't just sent it back (not on plan or anything, they're not in Australia yet (if ever)).

<nervous wait>
    I had the fear it might be too big as well. I never thought of myself as having long fingers or anything so I was concerned it would be hard to use. I bit the bullet and picked up a Titan and I have had no problems with it. It took a day or two to just get used to a bigger screen but I don't have the problem of not being able to reach things w/ my fingers or anything.

Bottom line, don't be nervous just be anxious :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    It's not too big so don't worry. You can never go back to a smaller screen after using the Titan, that's the only problem. :D

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    It's not too big so don't worry. You can never go back to a smaller screen after using the Titan, that's the only problem. :D

True! Once you go big, you will never look back!

It might be too big for you if you're a lame sissy-baby. Otherwise you should be fine.

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts
    Congrats and I'm sure you'll love your new Titan. Let us know when you get it and how you like it.

BTW the best feature of the Titan is its size.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

But... But what if... What if i'm a sissy baby?! ;-)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Congrats... I had the same thoughts and couldn't be any happier, right now.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts
    I just ordered my titan today and cant wait to get it in my hands :) Scored it for a penny on amazon today. I too am apprehensive about the giant screen but I had a Samsung Epic Touch 4G a month ago which is 4.5in so I think the 4.7in screen wont be too big ;)

Just got my Titan yesterday in Hong Kong.
    This is definitely an upgrade from my LG Optimus 7. It's just slightly longer than the Optimus 7 but way better screen!
    Also noticed the Lumia 800 being used by a few folk on trains which is a good sign!

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    I love my Titan. You'll love your Titan. We all love the Titan. Jane loves the Titan. Tom loves the Titan. See Jane. See Tom. See Tom and Jane play with the Titan...maybe one too many glasses of wine tonight...

Hi lemonsteveo, where did you get your Titan from in Hong Kong, I live in Hong Kong also, but haven't seen it in any of the Fortress's or Broadways .. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rovietka View Post
    Hi lemonsteveo, where did you get your Titan from in Hong Kong, I live in Hong Kong also, but haven't seen it in any of the Fortress's or Broadways .. Many thanks
    Hey Rovietka, I got it from Sunning for $4890 (slight discount). Traded in my LG Optimus 7 for $800 - not much I know.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Don't be nervous. You will be quite pleased I think because I was once I got the phone. I have my own initial observations posted here earlier.
    I guess it would be true once you get use to this phone and it's big screen you won't want to go back. Sort of like driving an SUV and sitting up high being able to see over everyone in cars, you'll never want to go back. haha.

It's perfect don't worry :D I got my Titan yesterday(had an iPhone 4 before) and it feels great in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonsteveo View Post
    Hey Rovietka, I got it from Sunning for $4890 (slight discount). Traded in my LG Optimus 7 for $800 - not much I know.
    Hi lemonsteveo thanks for your reply .. I walked passed a Broadway in TST earlier today and they had it in stock .. so I traded in my HTC Sensation in for $2700

Quote Originally Posted by Rovietka View Post
    Hi lemonsteveo thanks for your reply .. I walked passed a Broadway in TST earlier today and they had it in stock .. so I traded in my HTC Sensation in for $2700
    Nice, how are you finding it? I am still amazed by that screen, and it feels perfect in the hand.
    Great to see Android users coming on board!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    You guys are using the $ signs are making me cringe.

$2700 & $4890 doesn't look good in any currency.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    You guys are using the $ signs are making me cringe.

$2700 & $4890 doesn't look good in any currency.
    Hey mate, since HTC is a Taiwanese company, the default price should be listed as: $18900 ;)

Hope that doesn't make you cringe :)
    Duvi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonsteveo View Post
    Nice, how are you finding it? I am still amazed by that screen, and it feels perfect in the hand.
    Great to see Android users coming on board!
    I've just managed to set it up after completing the first initial charge, but i agree with you, the screen and size is great. I had my reservations initially (about the size), but its really not that much bigger than my previous Sensation. I'm still getting use to the Metro UI, but so far it seems so easy to use. A couple of things, there doesn't seem to be a way to disable the haptic feedback on the system keys and there is no smart dialing on phone app, no big deal though, just thought HTC would have added that feature like they did with their Android phone .. but overall a happy camper so far ..
    Duvi likes this.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts
    Received my TITAN yesterday and all I can say is, WOW, that is a nice screen:) I think this is the biggest I can handle though. Its right on the cusp of being too big IMHO. Metro UI sure does look nice though on it.
    Duvi likes this.

Wow!! There are waaaay too many opportunities to say "that's what she said" in this thread....must. resist.....

I got my Titan a week ago and I love it! Its the best phone I've ever had. My iPhone 4 that I have for work feels like a little toy phone by comparison, and the OS just feels upser old next to WP7.5.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EitanDC View Post
    I got my Titan a week ago and I love it! Its the best phone I've ever had. My iPhone 4 that I have for work feels like a little toy phone by comparison, and the OS just feels upser old next to WP7.5.

I think the Titan is the best phone i've had too, just can't stop using it.

I used to think my Omnia 7 was just the right size, but just so loving the screen on my Titan.

I was originally very worried about switching away from Super Amoled, but I have absolutely no regrets now.

Welcome along to WPCentral EitanDC, glad you're enjoying the refreshing world of Windows Phone. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK