Focus before Titan?

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously contemplating leaving the Darkside (ie iOS) and getting true Titan. Someone mentioned trying a Focus while I weigh my decision. There are a few for sale on my local CL. How much is a fair price to offer for a used one? I've seen them for $200 used!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you renewing your contract? If so I say get a Titan first. You have 30 days to decide if you want to stick with WP7 or switch back to iOS.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'd be renewing my contract for another two years. I was just thinking of getting the Focus and hold on to my upgrade until after I see what after Xmas sales are gonna produce. If I like wm7.5 I'd get the Titan and sell the focus

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
If you're dead set on trying a Focus first, try your local Craigslist (and the cities surrounding yours). I bet you could find a cheap used one that way & just go pick it up.

There's always eBay too, but then you gotta wait for it. Plus, I often find that the people I contact via Craigslist are more willing to cut you a deal. They mostly just want rid of the stuff they're selling.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If you're dead set on trying a Focus first, try your local Craigslist (and the cities surrounding yours). I bet you could find a cheap used one that way & just go pick it up.

There's always eBay too, but then you gotta wait for it. Plus, I often find that the people I contact via Craigslist are more willing to cut you a deal. They mostly just want rid of the stuff they're selling.

Yeah I've contacted a few sellers. One is asking me for $200 for his barely used Focus but I think that's way too much. He asked me to shoot him a price but I don't know where to aim. Any suggestions?

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've contacted a few sellers. One is asking me for $200 for his barely used Focus but I think that's way too much. He asked me to shoot him a price but I don't know where to aim. Any suggestions?

Yeah, thats too much. He'll never get that out of it. Even on eBay they're only going for $100-$150.

I wouldn't pay over $150 for a used one in perfect condition.

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a question, why doesn't the Calendar and daily briefing tile change or look different?
Not sure I understand your question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Daily Briefing app does not have a live tile, so that tile will never look any different. The Calendar tile should display your next or current appointment.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I understand your question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Daily Briefing app does not have a live tile, so that tile will never look any different. The Calendar tile should display your next or current appointment.
Ok thanks on the Daily tile but how do I get the Calendar tile to show my upcoming event?

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
settings -> email+accounts -> add an account

Add an Outlook (Google or other Exchange acct) or Windows Live account. Be sure to check "sync calendar" when setting it up. Any upcoming event(s) you've entered in any calendar(s) you are syncing should show up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky