Starting to get glitches

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
1) Disappearing keyboard has gone from "never" to "regular" as more apps get installed.

2) Yesterday I could only type 2 letters in the stock text messaging app (no other messaging apps installed). Two letters, then nothing more could be typed. The keyboard would act like stuff was being typed. Could type elsewhere. Solved with a reboot.

3) I get this one regularly: when finishing listening to music, it spazzes out. I'll unplug the headphones or something then the volume goes to 0. When I hit up on the volume, it immediately goes back to 0 and vibrates. No matter how many times I hit volume +. It actually did it at volume 30 yesterday. Hit volume - to 29, it bounces right back to 30. Solved by hitting power button a bunch and unlocking the home screen.

4) Pull phone away from face at the end of a call, screen doesn't light up so I can't end it on my end. Have to hit power button to turn it on.

Does the Focus S have any issues like these? I'm within 30 days, and the S doesn't have that much smaller of a screen... Would prefer the Titan just go back to acting like it was out of the box. I now have the $25 app gift card and am afraid to add more apps.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
#1 is a Mango issue. Has nothing to do with the particular handset. So I'd take this off your list as a "Titan issue."

#2: Never seen this.

#3: Never seen this.

#4: This has been happening to me since I got the phone and it never seems to happen for calls under, say, 3 or 4 minutes. This is probably a Titan issue and it needs to get fixed.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
4) Pull phone away from face at the end of a call, screen doesn't light up so I can't end it on my end. Have to hit power button to turn it on.

I'm wondering if this is a Windows Phone OS issue as my original Samsung Focus does this as well - always has done. I've tried recalibrating the sensor and the device has been through several hard resets over it's life but the problem has never gone away.

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
1)Only get it in forums(sometimes not always).It never disappears when typing in address bar or sending text
2)Never had this issue
3)Never had this issue
4)Never had this issue

I have an unlocked Titan though.

wpcitizen

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I got similar problem after I put a screen protector ( Realook brand) on my titan. I couldnt end the calls, then I used my bluetooth headset to end many calls. Finally I realized that its because of the my bad application of screen protector. there was a small bubble below the sensor. Do you have a screen protector on your Titan, by any chance?

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Bottom line is people are having severe problems with these Windows Phones and trying to dismiss it with "never happened to me" isn't going to help.

chrome14

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I got similar problem after I put a screen protector ( Realook brand) on my titan. I couldnt end the calls, then I used my bluetooth headset to end many calls. Finally I realized that its because of the my bad application of screen protector. there was a small bubble below the sensor. Do you have a screen protector on your Titan, by any chance?

Where is this sensor located?

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
No mic in my earphones.

No, no screen protector.

Just added a Case Mate Tough Case 10 minutes ago. Tested it and was told I sound muffled, heh.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yea I've got the tough case too. My wife is the only one that's told me I sound muffled but it was like that she said on my old focus. I'll have to switch her phones and see for myself.:)

LondonClanger

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm experiencing this regularly and not even the power button helps now as the screen flickers and there's no time to end the call. Just got a "bum call" off my sister and I had to remove the battery to stop the call... Overall the phone has been OK but this is a pretty important issue.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm experiencing this regularly and not even the power button helps now as the screen flickers and there's no time to end the call. Just got a "bum call" off my sister and I had to remove the battery to stop the call... Overall the phone has been OK but this is a pretty important issue.

Send it in for repairs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb