Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvuk View Post
    Also, if it is the noise cancellation software/hardware then I would suspect that any replacement phones sent out by AT&T will still have the exact same mic problem. I can only hope that mine actually will be improved with the new phone replacement.
    Well I have heard a couple people mention that getting a replacement device took care of their problems.

Hopefully the refurb won't give you any problems.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I went ahead and emailed CS about this on HTC.com since i hadn't called and reported or anything beforehand. Their response:

-Thank you for emailing HTC Technical Support regarding an update for your Titan to help resolve the 'muffled' issue.

-It will be addressed in a future update; however, at this time, we simply do not have an exact timeframe to provide as to when the update will be issued.

So at least the new canned response is that it is indeed being on worked on. But seriously, professionals make calls on their cell phones. How can we and more casual users deal with this? It seems like a mission critical hotfix is needed immediately. Not a lollygagging style future update.

Just called AT&T customer support, they said that it was the network, not the phone that was the problem. Even though we have 4 phones all differentthe other 3 work fine. they say it is still the network not the phone.
    WHAT ARE THEY THINKING ????

HTC has pushed out a firmware update for the titan, but att customers will never see it, there have been several updates that we havent gotten between microsoft and HTC this makes me dislike att not HTC!!

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adriancha View Post
    Just called AT&T customer support, they said that it was the network, not the phone that was the problem. Even though we have 4 phones all differentthe other 3 work fine. they say it is still the network not the phone.
    WHAT ARE THEY THINKING ????
    LOL, at least AT&T are admitting their network sucks.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I bought my phone at the Microsoft store on Launch day for the Titan. My first phone had the voice quality issue and the MS store exchanged my phone for a different Titan. My second Titan also had the same problem. I had my second Titan since December and repeated called HTC for a fix. Finally last week they said I could send it in for warranty repair but I would be phoneless for 2 weeks. On a whim I figured I'd try the MS store and see if they could help me even though it's been 4 months plus and I don't have any special warranty upgrade with them for the phone. The guy on the phone was sympathetic and said he'd put me down as a "Windows Phone Challenge" loser so I would get a new phone out of it. Today I went into the store and they guy at the desk said he'd just exchange my Titan for a Titan II, no questions asked.

I now have a Titan II and people say I voice sounds perfect.

Can't say enough good things about Microsoft. They were in no way obligated to help me out in my situation but they did, no questions asked.
    alpinestars1z likes this.

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonatapio View Post
    I bought my phone at the Microsoft store on Launch day for the Titan. My first phone had the voice quality issue and the MS store exchanged my phone for a different Titan. My second Titan also had the same problem. I had my second Titan since December and repeated called HTC for a fix. Finally last week they said I could send it in for warranty repair but I would be phoneless for 2 weeks. On a whim I figured I'd try the MS store and see if they could help me even though it's been 4 months plus and I don't have any special warranty upgrade with them for the phone. The guy on the phone was sympathetic and said he'd put me down as a "Windows Phone Challenge" loser so I would get a new phone out of it. Today I went into the store and they guy at the desk said he'd just exchange my Titan for a Titan II, no questions asked.

I now have a Titan II and people say I voice sounds perfect.

Can't say enough good things about Microsoft. They were in no way obligated to help me out in my situation but they did, no questions asked.
    What store was this at? I heard some MS Stores are starting to give out Titan II's for the challenge because they ran out of Titan 1's.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Scottsdale, AZ store.

I really was hoping they'd give me a Lumia but beggers can't be choosers. I'm just happy they upgraded me for free.

I love my Titan....except the mic muffling issue is very frustrating. This is amazing that it hasn't been discovered yet by HTC and AT&T and fixed. AFter trying everything without success, including the tape on top mic, AT&T is sending me a "refurbished" titan. Has anyone actually found that a replacement solves the problem??
    Isn't that nice? You pay for a new prodct and you end up with a refurbished one.

Also, if it is the noise cancellation software/hardware then I would suspect that any replacement phones sent out by AT&T will still have the exact same mic problem. I can only hope that mine actually will be improved with the new phone replacement.
    Well... did it?

Here is the reply I just received from HTC regarding this issue:
    Thank you John for your reply. My apologies, there hasn't been a hotfix released to resolve the issueyou're experiencing. We are aware and working diligently on a resolution, there is no ETA on a fix. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced.
    While others jump ship because of this, I can't. I paid almost $600 off contract for this thing. Cannot just junk it and pay for something else. If they can't fix it they should recall it and replace it. Even with a smartphone voice is important. Without it the device is just a PDA.

Damn, I was going to buy my mom the Titan but this thread pushed me away from buying her one. I was going to buy the lumia 900but amazon only allowed the 3gb or 5gb plan yesterday. That sucks :(
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123