Power/Lock Button

roy211

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I bought this phone off eBay and recieved it Tuesday. I set everything up from a fresh reset. The problem is the power/lock button. It will not activate the screen 9 times out of ten. It started out this morning by just not locking the phone. As the day progressed it wouldn't even "wake" the phone. HOWEVER, it still will reboot the phone when holding it down for about 10 seconds. This is extremely frustrating. I want to love this phone but this is just killing me. It was working flawlessly up until this morning. HTC said they would repair it but I would rather try to see if there might be some sort of setting I changed or an app I installed that is causing this. I haven't tried a hard reset yet. That's my last resort before sending it to HTC. Any one ever hear of this??? The last thing I remember doing last night before bed was setting up my POP email.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello! I bought this phone off eBay and recieved it Tuesday. I set everything up from a fresh reset. The problem is the power/lock button. It will not activate the screen 9 times out of ten. It started out this morning by just not locking the phone. As the day progressed it wouldn't even "wake" the phone. HOWEVER, it still will reboot the phone when holding it down for about 10 seconds. This is extremely frustrating. I want to love this phone but this is just killing me. It was working flawlessly up until this morning. HTC said they would repair it but I would rather try to see if there might be some sort of setting I changed or an app I installed that is causing this. I haven't tried a hard reset yet. That's my last resort before sending it to HTC. Any one ever hear of this??? The last thing I remember doing last night before bed was setting up my POP email.
I Feel your pain my friend. Do you have a case on it ,if so remove it then try it.

If that's not the case, ( no pun) remove the back and take the battery out then re insert it .

If this doesnt work make sure that there is no debris / dust physically wedged in or around the power button. Hope it works .

Sean Phillips

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain completely. I have the same problem to the 'T' it now doesn't work at all apart from holding it down for 10seconds. It is so annoying. I love my windows phone i just won't it to work. Where did you get the info about HTC fixing it??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077