Any non-call related issues on the titan?

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a titan primarily as a way to play with the OS and a dev unit. It won't likely have a sim card in it even. Are there any other problems without an easy solution? The game lag can be fixed with turning off that Dolby sound thing, right?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Well with the exception of voice quality the only other issue I see with this phone is the random power cycling (Once or twice every 12 to 18 hours), no bluetooth file transfer that I have experience with the phone. I am about 3 weeks into owning a Titan and tomorrow I decide if I am going to keep it or get a replacement or reverse my Upgrade.

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Well with the exception of voice quality the only other issue I see with this phone is the random power cycling (Once or twice every 12 to 18 hours), no bluetooth file transfer that I have experience with the phone. I am about 3 weeks into owning a Titan and tomorrow I decide if I am going to keep it or get a replacement or reverse my Upgrade.

Are all phones affected by the power cycling?

Dont forget about the slow data speeds. My Samsung Focus was faster than this phone even though that one was 3g.

I probably won't connect it to AT&T, or any cell network for that matter.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
One of the three I tried died a power-cycling death within hours of coming out of the box. Did not notice on the other two, but had each one for about 10 days before giving up on TITAN altogether.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Removing ALL HTC software stopped the Power-Cycling for me. It used to happen 5-6 times a day before.

So get rid of all HTC software (HUB, compass, anything and everything)

My HTC HD7 had the same rebooting problem, so it's most likely an HTC problem

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
One of the three I tried died a power-cycling death within hours of coming out of the box. Did not notice on the other two, but had each one for about 10 days before giving up on TITAN altogether.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Removing ALL HTC software stopped the Power-Cycling for me. It used to happen 5-6 times a day before.

So get rid of all HTC software (HUB, compass, anything and everything)

My HTC HD7 had the same rebooting problem, so it's most likely an HTC problem

That's unfortunate. A titan would be my only device with an LED flash on it at the moment, and I would like to use it as a flashlight. As far as I remember, there is no 3rd party apps that let you use the flash as a light? Just manufacturer apps? I haven't paid much attention to WP for a few months.

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty cool. I'm hoping to have my Titan by the end of next week, dependent on shipping. I'll be sure to try it. I ended up in a store today to play with the Titan, Radar, and the Focus S. The Titan just rocked them all, can't wait.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Its a cracker of a phone E_man5112, absolutely loving mine.

I just tried Flashlight X for you earlier to make sure it is working OK and it is, works perfectly.

Hope you get your Titan soon. :)

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
power cycling

Are all phones affected by the power cycling?

I don't know about all but the the first one I had did it once every 12-18 hours no matter what. The second one now after removing the HTC apps except for the HTC version of Tango video chat software seems to be behaving a little better.
I been reading in the XDA forums that there some that think that Microsoft will start sending out an update next week and it may take up to 4 weeks for the providers (AT&T) to push them out to the phones. Someone said that HTC will be pushing out an update but it was unspecified as to what that is about.
I was reading too that March 18 seems to be an important update of Windows 7 Tango (the OS name) will start to be pushed out. I don't know if how much of this is true, me show me the proof.
Here is one reference...
WP7 Update 8107 : Removes 3G Button, Fixes disappearing keyboard, Gmail Sync, Exchange Issues and location privacy bugs

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
the only problem with this update is that MS i lewaving up to the carriers to decide if they want to or not and it seems to me that since alkl the US Carriers opted out of 7740 that they should have had to take and puish 7740 and 8107 out according to their own policy guidelines! What gives?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism