Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naturewriter

Greetings to all,

Although I recognize that questions about youtube, as accessed by the Titan, have been posed before, I am still searching for information about the best way to watch videos on the Titan.

Research tells me that an HTC youtube app once existed but is no longer available. That said, I am disappointed by the quality of the m.youtube.com site. The videos are not of great quality and there are no settings available. Now, I might be erring here, so please bear with me. Is there an app available that I should be accessing or is m.youtube the only option?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Enjoy the evening.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Good evening Naturewriter, there are a couple of good YouTube apps that you could try.

SuperTube

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/ap...2-78e7d1fa76f8

EasyTube

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/ap...5-d90d53197b99

They seem to be the most popular. SuperTube is about to have an overhaul as previewed on WPCentral a little while ago. You might like to have a little look.

http://www.windowscentral.com/wpcent...facelift-video

Hope this is of some help to you. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Damn, HTC Youtube is gone. Grab Supertube.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Yeah I still have mine installed, but the HTC YouTupe app was removed a good few weeks ago now F8D. :(
    No idea why.

Figure 8 Dash, that is what my research indicated. It is a shame because I understand it was a terrific app, but I will have a look at Supertube. Thank you for the suggestion.

TheWeeBear, I also greatly appreciate your informative response. By the way, I have tremendous respect for your country. A number of years ago, I wrote quiite a few articles about my love for Scotland and its magnificent history. Granted, I have not been fortunate enough to visit your land, but I hold the Scottish people in extremely high regard. One of the articles was entitled "Forever Scotland the Brave."

I am a Canadian and fully proud of my country but am also delighted to live in the United States for a time. There are great benefits, indeed, these days to being exposed via the Internet to so many fascinating cultures.

Thanks again for the responses.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Thank you so much Naturewriter, delighted and touched to hear your kind comments about Scotland for sure. (All smiles here)

It's fantastic how the internet brings us all closer together.

I hope we have helped a little in your important quest for the ultimate YouTube app. :D

(My vote goes to SuperTube) :)

And, Figure 8 Dash, I should have mentioned that I have been reading your comments long before I purchased the Titan. Your remarks have always been deeply informative and sincere. You are a great benefit to this site, sir.

TheWeeBear, thank you for your kindness. The Internet is, indeed, a tremendous resource. I wish that many more would appreciate the power that it has to bring together people from so many walks of life. The celebration of diversity is such a gift.

I wish you all great times.

Gary
    Thanked by:
    HeyCori likes this.

By the way, watching a Dave Clark Five video on m.youtube.com was what inspired me to post the question on this site. You'll forgive the pun, but I was certainly not glad all over while watching the video. The "Tottenham Sound" did not come across well.

Take care, all.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I couldn't find the HTC Youtube app in the HTC section a few weeks ago, but a search of the general marketplace found it again (just like the Samsung AllShare app when I had my Focus S).
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    A general search still doesn't show the app (HTC YouTube) in the UK Marketplace jeremeyshaw. You are special. :D

Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturewriter View Post
    And, Figure 8 Dash, I should have mentioned that I have been reading your comments long before I purchased the Titan. Your remarks have always been deeply informative and sincere. You are a great benefit to this site, sir.

TheWeeBear, thank you for your kindness. The Internet is, indeed, a tremendous resource. I wish that many more would appreciate the power that it has to bring together people from so many walks of life. The celebration of diversity is such a gift.

I wish you all great times.

Gary
    Thanks for the kind words. Glad to have you here. :)