can you say 3 Titans in 30 days?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I know some of you are going to say I told you so but I had to make sure. You know benefit of the doubt.
I went through Amazonwireless.com to get my upgrade. The each Titan ended up with the same issue. Ok, I could live with the voice quality issue because that is a reflection of product of HTC and AT&T for offering such a phone so no skin off my nose. However, each phone had the dreaded random power cycle/reboot issue. Tried firming up the sim card no go, Uninstalled all AT&T/HTC apps no go, operated the phone from a reset no additional apps installed, no go. There were a few times when I thought the phone was good when it would approach two days then came the dreaded power/reboot cycle. Sometimes it happen in the middle of the night based on the lastboottime app other times the phone was just sitting the table next to me while eating lunch I observed it Other times when I had the phone in my pocket I could feel it vibrating thinking it was a call but nope it was a power/reboot recycle.
After two exchanges and three Titans I opted to use my right to reserve my upgrade today and I am shipping the phones back. I find it hard to believe that the Titan is technically a sound phone since the most of the ratings I see on them are good on AT&T's web site and Amazon's website. Either people are not paying attention to their phone or just living with a potential issue that may make the phone go dark later.
I had the options to ship the phone to HTC but that would leave me without a phone for atleast 10 days and possibly more. And HTC customer support didn't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling since they knew nothing about these problems and the first time I called they put me on hold or dropped my call while I waited for someone to get back to me. So the Taiwanese crap is going back, I am back on my Nokia 5800 and I will wait out a few months to see what comes next.
thanks for reading all.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I feel so fortunate to have a phone that appears to be operating fine. Well, other than the USB being so flimsy.

Kdawg1989

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I know how you feel I also got 3 titans from amazon but luckily this 3rd one is perfect my uptime is at 14 days... Rebooting was the same issue I had

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I know how you feel I also got 3 titans from amazon but luckily this 3rd one is perfect my uptime is at 14 days... Rebooting was the same issue I had

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
All I can say good luck with your Titans. I really liked that phone and the 4.7 in screen which I will miss. It was at a good price before Christmas when I got it too now it's double.

jamesdean74

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat, unfortunately that boat is the Titanic! And this ship has followed in its namesake and went down. I bought my Titan at at&t store for full price, well after a week I got it exchanged for another due to the call quality and constant reboots, the replacement did the same thing, so I took that one back last night and the manager waived the restocking fee and let me choose another phone, got the white Samsung skyrocket and so far I'm enjoying it, at least the call quality is outstanding, battery life not the best, but I can live with recharging more than nobody being able to hear me and the phone rebooting 3-5 times a day.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine has done really well. I have the thing where bing makes music sound funny, and my USB cable falls out all the time, but other than that, it's pretty sturdy.

mberdych

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Got reboots as well, but so far once in a 2 weeks or something. My BB9900 was about the same, not saying this is normal, but in my country is hard to get exchange or return if there is no hard evidence of the problem.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have not had the reboot problem with my Titan. I am on my second Titan though. The first one I had to exchange because the camera stopped working. It would open the camera app and then close immediately.

I am hoping my second one is better. I love the phone. It has been a month now on my second phone.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Are these problems widespread. I'm thinking about using my upgrade for this, and just buy a L900 OOC.
I suggest waiting. a few months like March or after. It seems some good stuff coming.
It seems like HTC is low quality manufacturer and I didnt know. I wonder if the Android versions of their phone have issues too... To think I was looking at the Vivid but not anymore. I'm just going to sit tight for a few months.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered a Galaxy S 2. Going to use it with my Focus and wait for Nokia. I thought it would be dumb to have three phones of the same OS that's damn near identical.
I suggest waiting. a few months like March or after. It seems some good stuff coming.
It seems like HTC is low quality manufacturer and I didnt know. I wonder if the Android versions of their phone have issues too... To think I was looking at the Vivid but not anymore. I'm just going to sit tight for a few months.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered a Galaxy S 2. Going to use it with my Focus and wait for Nokia. I thought it would be dumb to have three phones of the same OS that's damn near identical.

Thats what I did. Took back the TITAN and on the s2 skyrocket. It's getting me by until the Titan II is released.

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
You must have got really unlucky. Or the place shipping to you has a horrible batch. Got mine directly from ATT. Believe it came from TX.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow that is crazy. Three did it? I am still on my original 2nd day availability Titan and I've seen many days of uptime. I usually have to reboot manually sometime after 3-5 days because games will crash (open then close). But I think that is just the OS.

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Will got mine on the day it launched in the UK.
But its going back wednesday as i am having many issues with it.
Though it was fine when i first bought it and slowly got worse, and this reboot thing you lot are on about makes no sence. mine just switches off an d then only way to get it back on is to take the battery out. so its going back to be repaired.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss