Cleaning external antenna leads

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that when you remove the back plate the brass antenna connectors are super dull and not shiny? Would this limit conductivity? Im tempted to clean mine with isopropyl alcohol but they look so thin I don't want to accidentally erase them. Anyone else tempted to try and make those connectors shiny?

Mine are shiny only where the connectors touch in a tiny circle. From semi conductor class I remember often cleaning leads on things to ensure connection quality. Opinions?

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that when you remove the back plate the brass antenna connectors are super dull and not shiny? Would this limit conductivity? Im tempted to clean mine with isopropyl alcohol but they look so thin I don't want to accidentally erase them. Anyone else tempted to try and make those connectors shiny?

Mine are shiny only where the connectors touch in a tiny circle. From semi conductor class I remember often cleaning leads on things to ensure connection quality. Opinions?

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Interesting idea, I'd be keen to hear what happens if you decide to do it.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I had to bend one of mine into shape. Factory defect, now my wifi signal is strong where it was weak (IMO, not placebo effect).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo