Some questions for Titan owners!

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How is the e-book reading and web browsing experience on Your Titan?
What about watching movies,listening to music and gaming?
Do You find 16 GB memory enough for that?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Good afternoon cyrus_the_great, everyone is different of course but for me 16 GB is more than I need, heck I never even filled my 8GB Omnia 7.

I never have any music on my phone though it's all streamed so no need for storage space for my music.

Not everyone has unlimited data plans of course, but I think you could get plenty of songs on your 16 GB for a good listening period before you get fed up with them and need a change.

I find browsing great in IE, suits my needs fine.

Only ereading I have done is with the Amazon Kindle app and that suits me fine too.

I've only converted 3 movies to my Titan just to see what they would look like and they were stunning, this isn't something I'd do much either but if you were maybe going somewhere for a couple of days and wanted a couple of movies on hand, that would do fine.

As I said 16GB is way more than I need but not enough for others who have to have their phone stuffed to the brim with apps and music. :)

I have 30+ Xbox Live games installed, and around 90 apps installed and have 9GB storage left so as you can see way more than I need. :)

But everyone has different needs from their phone than I do. :D

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No need for any stored music with a Zune Pass cyrus_the_great. :)

Although if I wanted, I could download songs too.

I use Zune Pass and streaming radio all the time. (Last FM) :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes I agree cyrus_the_great, if I didn't have unlimited data, I certainly would have some stored tracks on my phone.

Guess I'm lucky, my network (3UK) is very reliable for me. Been with them for years. :)

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Web browsing/gaming/watching vids is just a pleasure on the Titan's screen :D
Music is also great,I found the audio quality great.
Haven't read an ebook on it though(yet)

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question (sorry OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just don't think it warrants a thread of it's own)

Who uses a screen protector? With all those inches of glass I'm concerned about scratches like my 3GS has. Is the glass some form of HTC aluminosilicate glass (like Gorilla Glass)?

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a question (sorry OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just don't think it warrants a thread of it's own)

Who uses a screen protector? With all those inches of glass I'm concerned about scratches like my 3GS has. Is the glass some form of HTC aluminosilicate glass (like Gorilla Glass)?
It's okay, :)
I can't answer your question,'cause I don't have one,but some one else will!

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

HTC Titan isn't listed as having GG in their website but I compared it to Mozart and Radar(which both are listed having GG) and it pretty much felt the same.
So I googl'd and found out that many reviews state that it's got GG(which I think it's true)
So I think it's got gorilla glass(But HTC didn't want to make it official or something.HTC have said that Titan has a scratch proof screen though)

Anyway,I've been using it for around 2 months now.(without a screen protector) and so far so good,no scratches or anything :D

VividBlue

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Web browsing is great on the Titan as you'd expect from the huge screen. Just as long as you know WP doesn't support Flash.

I find 16GB ok but ideally I'd like more. I think the idea is you use the 25gb Skydrive storage but I'm not always in a 3G/WiFi area to really take advantage of it.

I listen to music a lot and have over 1000 longish 320kbps tracks stored on my Titan. The sounds quality is pretty good when you have decent earphones. I don't generally watch films on my phone but you have HTC Watch where you can rent/buy films, and watching video is a nice experience on this handset.

jkseger

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
No need for any stored music with a Zune Pass cyrus_the_great. :)

Although if I wanted, I could download songs too.

I use Zune Pass and streaming radio all the time. (Last FM) :)

Wee Bear - Could you elaborate briefly on how you use Zune pass without storing the songs on your phone? I just want to make sure I'm using it to the full.

Thanks!

John

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi jkseger, I just use smart DJ or select an album at a time and play it, it just streams that way, no need to download.

Remember it will use tons of data though. :)

If you have data limits it's probably just best downloading a few albums you wish to listen to via WiFi or Zune on the PC at home first.

Last edited:

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got off of playing BBB: App-ocalyse. It is amazing for the Windows Phone and is Free!! Game experience is good.

As for memory I still have about 9.39gb of memory free of the 12.89gb. I have put a few hundred songs and have around a 100 apps and games. As for my pictures and videos, I have my phone set to auto-upload to my skydrive. This is mostly for backup but I can delete them off my phone if I ever need to. My old phone was the samsung focus and I never used more than 5gb in the year I had it.

Web browsing is good. Had no problems after I changed a few of google's settings but that was not a browser issue.

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got off of playing BBB: App-ocalyse. It is amazing for the Windows Phone and is Free!! Game experience is good.

As for memory I still have about 9.39gb of memory free of the 12.89gb. I have put a few hundred songs and have around a 100 apps and games. As for my pictures and videos, I have my phone set to auto-upload to my skydrive. This is mostly for backup but I can delete them off my phone if I ever need to. My old phone was the samsung focus and I never used more than 5gb in the year I had it.

Web browsing is good. Had no problems after I changed a few of google's settings but that was not a browser issue.
I'll be fine with 16 GB,too.
How is IE 9 compared to safari?

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
HTC Titan isn't listed as having GG in their website but I compared it to Mozart and Radar(which both are listed having GG) and it pretty much felt the same.
So I googl'd and found out that many reviews state that it's got GG(which I think it's true)
So I think it's got gorilla glass(But HTC didn't want to make it official or something.HTC have said that Titan has a scratch proof screen though)

Anyway,I've been using it for around 2 months now.(without a screen protector) and so far so good,no scratches or anything :D

Gorilla Glass website has a complete list of products and models that use Gorilla Glass.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi jkseger, I just use smart DJ or select an album at a time and play it, it just streams that way, no need to download.

Remember it will use tons of data though. :)

If you have data limits it's probably just best downloading a few albums you wish to listen to via WiFi or Zune on the PC at home first.
Zune Pass was a big reason why I left iOS and iTunes. It's so nice to grab an entire album and check it out and see if I want to use my 10 Credits on purchasing it especially when the average release has about 12 -14 tracks on it.

Certainly no need for a screen protector when using my Case Mate by the way.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Question to the crew: Is there anyway to customize the accent colors on the Titan? I've been looking for something for my AT&T Dev Unlocked beast. I can't find anything yet.

I guess we hope for Tango or Apollo to fulfill this need?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea