So I'm not gonna lie, I left...

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
After all the unresolved issues with my TITAN, I traded it off to another guy for a Galaxy S II. I played around with that for a couple of weeks and traded it off to another guy for a 4S. Played around with that for a couple of weeks, too. It's been about a month since I've had a WP7. Then, my wife won a TITAN from a contest on Twitter. I pondered selling it, as my plan was to come back to the platform when I bought a Lumia 900 off contract. So what did I do? Last night I sold that iPhone for $200 and am once again rocking a TITAN (but still until the Lumia 900 comes out). When I booted up the phone and put my info in and got my apps downloaded again...it was like coming home. I literally said out loud to it "Oh, how I've missed you." I have NEVER said that about a cell phone in my life, and this is coming from someone who's never finished a two year contract with the same phone he started with (as evidenced by the beginning of this post). I'm so sorry I ever doubted you WP7. I'm in this for the long haul now.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back. I had concerns you were going to bash the Titan or something. Personally, I would have said the same thing to my phone. I still get asked about it when I use it around people who have not seen a Windows Phone.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am mostly happy with my Titan. I am most mad at AT&T for the slow data speeds (whether it is an intentional cat-8 limitation, which can be further used to differentiate to the Titan II, or just clogged network), though signal reception could be better. I've been slow in showing it to people but the reception is usually favorable (as opposed to the signal reception, haha). I also introduced some class mates to Skydrive for a recent project. They wanted to use Gdocs. We are pretty impressed with Skydrive...now where is that Skype integration?

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I didn't sell it on eBay. I sold it locally I can't complain cause the TITAN I originally had I got for free so I made $200 to end up right back where I was

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
that's cool, I couldn't deal with the disappearing keyboard issue so I returned my focus flash, messed up part is the Mrs ff doesn't have the issue. Ah well I'll wait till the lumina line or titan2 drop. The pre3 is hard to put down. Have looked for gen1 at&t wp7 hardware to get me by, but to no avail, people just won't sell for a decent price locally

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well my wife has an HD7 and her phone def has disappearing keyboard as well. In fact it happens to her more so than me

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The workaround to the disappearing keyboard is to turn off background tasks. 8107 fixes the keyboard problem.

Yes, but the only app I currently have running background tasks is WPCentral. I can't disable that. I just won't do it! lol. I'm also still stuck on 7720.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but the only app I currently have running background tasks is WPCentral. I can't disable that. I just won't do it! lol. I'm also still stuck on 7720.

I xap updated from mobilenations, iirc. Either way, my daily driver ended up being an iPhone 4s, but my Titan is still kept around for development. Though, since I still have a focus, I am considering letting off the Titan, too.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, you sure know how to make short work of a bunch of phones, don't ya? I am really amused. Especially the part where you went from the massive 4.7" screen of the Titan, then ended up on the midget iPhone screen. That would drive me back too!! (I actually like the GS2, though.) Glad you made it back where you belong, 5tephan!!

As far as that stupid disappearing screen, I have noticed it is only my landscape that goes away on my Focus S, never the portrait keyboard. Anyone else seen that? Or have I just got lucky? Even in landscape it is very, very rare on mine. Maybe only a half dozen times.

Chicken7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
As far as that stupid disappearing screen, I have noticed it is only my landscape that goes away on my Focus S, never the portrait keyboard. Anyone else seen that? Or have I just got lucky? Even in landscape it is very, very rare on mine. Maybe only a half dozen times.

I used to get it on portrait and landscape. But I've updated to the 8107 software now. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss