Mugen Battery Arrived Today

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Mugen battery 1950mah and it arrived in less than two weeks. I am charging it for 8-12 hours like the instructions say. I wait to see how the battery lasts vs the stock battery.

Has anybody else bought the Mugen battery? If so, how is the battery life?

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought one and have been using it for a couple of weeks. There is an improvement, can't give an exact % estimate... I would estimate somewhere around 15%. However, to be honest my usage has changed since I know I have a slightly larger battery, so I have a feeling that may be affecting it as well.

However, with the stock battery, the battery saver would kick in at around 7PM after using it to listen to music at work, some phone calls primarily in the evening, and light texting/web browsing during the day. Now battery saver doesn't kick in until 9-10PM.

Tangoalphawhiskey

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought one and have been using it for a couple of weeks. There is an improvement, can't give an exact % estimate... I would estimate somewhere around 15%. However, to be honest my usage has changed since I know I have a slightly larger battery, so I have a feeling that may be affecting it as well.

However, with the stock battery, the battery saver would kick in at around 7PM after using it to listen to music at work, some phone calls primarily in the evening, and light texting/web browsing during the day. Now battery saver doesn't kick in until 9-10PM.
Do you have any problems with the battery icon not showing up or giving you a "?" in the status bar? I have heard others complain about this happening when using non OEM batteries. Thanks!

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second charge. The first one lasted almost two days with normal use. The instructions tell me to charge it 8-12 hours the first four or is times.

The battery indicator has not given me a ? so far. The remaining time is obviously way off.

Will report when I have a few more charges. Maybe it gets stronger with very charge.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second charge. The first one lasted almost two days with normal use. The instructions tell me to charge it 8-12 hours the first four or is times.

The battery indicator has not given me a ? so far. The remaining time is obviously way off.

Will report when I have a few more charges. Maybe it gets stronger with very charge.

Watching this thread closely. Very interested in this battery.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I am now on my fourth charge. Honestly I can not tell the difference in battery life. I can easily use my phone 22% more in a day, so it is hard to gauge the difference. One thing I did notice is when the battery gets down to 10% it dies quickly after that.

In my opinion it was not worth the money. I think my power saver in my head works to compensate.

grizzlydude

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I am now on my fourth charge. Honestly I can not tell the difference in battery life. I can easily use my phone 22% more in a day, so it is hard to gauge the difference. One thing I did notice is when the battery gets down to 10% it dies quickly after that.

In my opinion it was not worth the money. I think my power saver in my head works to compensate.

Does not sound legit, dude. I use this battery for quite a while and it gives me extra 3-4 hours on average. I think you should write to the guys at Mugen, they can advice some calibration tips. I used their guide here cuz at first for like 2 weeks nothing really charged. But after calibrating it worked like charm.

absolute_

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still at my fourth cycle, tonight I'll do the fifth and then I will test how long it lasts with normal use. But I can see it lasts longer. It has been hard for me to drain the battery these days (I kept it playing a video while not using it and still had to wait a lot).
I'm not sure it's because it's first cycles or it always be this way, but it drains a lot faster from 100% to 70/80% and then around 60% it just sticks there... The first day it went from 100% to 86% in less than an hour, but after six hours of average usage it was above 70%. Maybe it has to calibrate, I don't know, but I think I will just begin to check when it goes under 30%.

absolute_

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Today I did a WPbench test. The original battery lasted 3h38m. This Mugen battery lasted 4h03m. Not very much more, but anyway something more (if it was 22% more it should have been twenty minutes more).

Anyway I'm quite satisfied, it actually lasts longer. The only problem is that it keeps draining very fast for the first 10% even not using it at all. But over all it's good.

chevydudesixty9

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to re digg this thread but Yesterday I was given the Opportunity to get an EVO 3D battery which I believe is 1800 mAh. The battery fit perfectly fine, Although mine had a hard time going into the EVO, and was impressed.

Since I got the phone I would only get from 10AM till about 11PM when I started to get the low battery warning. My usage is obviously not super high but before I get to bed at around 11-12 I like to browse the forums and view some videos which would only let me go until about 12 or 1AM before I need to charge.

So I have no problem getting through the work day at all.

Yesterday I was given an EVO 3D phone to box up and ship out due to a broken screen. We get to keep the batteries and they just get recycled. So, I took the battery and stuck it in my Titan to see what it would do. The Battery was fully charged at about 11AM which was when I took it off the charger.

Flash Forward it is now 9:30 PM the Next day and the phone is showing 8% battery left with 3 hours to go.

The phone shows the last charge at 1 day 9 hours. Thats 33 Hours of use!

I still did the norm which was text, tweet, update Facebook, take a few pictures, listen to some music on my 5 minute commute to work (lol), mess with skydive, check the forums, watch a few vids, and download music on zune pass.

Overall, I am 200% happy with this Battery and 200% happy with the phone now! If you have any way of getting an EVO 3D battery cheap I say do so! Plus its OEM so no issues whats so ever.

I don't know if its because the phone was still fairly new but I was having trouble getting 12-15 hours out of this phone. Coming from a black berry that I could easily get 2 days out of I was kinda disappointed. The battery on the EVO wasn't old or new, the phone was bought about 3 months ago so it had some time on it. But damn, 30+ hours is Amazing IMO. Granted if I was a power user like I used to be then I might still get 20+ hours which is nothing to cry about.

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to re digg this thread but Yesterday I was given the Opportunity to get an EVO 3D battery which I believe is 1800 mAh. The battery fit perfectly fine, Although mine had a hard time going into the EVO, and was impressed.

Since I got the phone I would only get from 10AM till about 11PM when I started to get the low battery warning. My usage is obviously not super high but before I get to bed at around 11-12 I like to browse the forums and view some videos which would only let me go until about 12 or 1AM before I need to charge.

So I have no problem getting through the work day at all.

Yesterday I was given an EVO 3D phone to box up and ship out due to a broken screen. We get to keep the batteries and they just get recycled. So, I took the battery and stuck it in my Titan to see what it would do. The Battery was fully charged at about 11AM which was when I took it off the charger.

Flash Forward it is now 9:30 PM the Next day and the phone is showing 8% battery left with 3 hours to go.

The phone shows the last charge at 1 day 9 hours. Thats 33 Hours of use!

I still did the norm which was text, tweet, update Facebook, take a few pictures, listen to some music on my 5 minute commute to work (lol), mess with skydive, check the forums, watch a few vids, and download music on zune pass.

Overall, I am 200% happy with this Battery and 200% happy with the phone now! If you have any way of getting an EVO 3D battery cheap I say do so! Plus its OEM so no issues whats so ever.

I don't know if its because the phone was still fairly new but I was having trouble getting 12-15 hours out of this phone. Coming from a black berry that I could easily get 2 days out of I was kinda disappointed. The battery on the EVO wasn't old or new, the phone was bought about 3 months ago so it had some time on it. But damn, 30+ hours is Amazing IMO. Granted if I was a power user like I used to be then I might still get 20+ hours which is nothing to cry about.

Thanks. Will give it a shot. Just ordered one on Amazon for $8.00.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3