Just got off phone with customer support

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 issues with my Titan:

Wifi drops in my house when screen times out. Every other phone would stay connected and never time out wifi connection.
camera flash doesnt work when flash is set to on. Sometimes flash works and sometimes it doesnt when i force flash on. When flash does work pictures are dim....

I called customer support about wifi and camera. They took down all necessary info and said they would escalate issue to ther tech team and they are working on a fix.

Just wanted to let you guys know and see if anyone else has the camera flash issue.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's normal on any Windows Phone for Wi-Fi to 'Sleep' when the screen locks. (Battery saving)

I believe it does turn on once every 2 hours for an email check etc though.

Totally inconvenient of course but that's how it is for now. :(

Not sure what's causing your flash problems though mrdeezus.

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's normal on any Windows Phone for Wi-Fi to 'Sleep' when the screen locks. (Battery saving)

I believe it does turn on once every 2 hours for an email check etc though.

Totally inconvenient of course but that's how it is for now. :(

Not sure what's causing your flash problems though mrdeezus.

So this means that if I'm streaming radio through an app it would cut the streaming while on wifi?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well mine never on my Omnia and it doesn't on my Titan hmmmmm

That was streaming with Last FM, my Wi-Fi still goes to sleep.

I must try it again.

That's good if it still stays connected now, so everyone can disregard the blatant lies i've been telling then ninjaap. :D

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Hmmmm... I won't call you a liar, TheWeeBear! I know TuneIn Radio used to cut off all the time after a while of use. Maybe other devs just need to update their app?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No I knew you weren't ninjaap even though I am LOL. I will try my Last FM in bed tonight via Wi-Fi and see if it lasts.

I'll report back in the morning. I'm sure you'll be right. :)

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
camera flash doesnt work when flash is set to on. Sometimes flash works and sometimes it doesnt when i force flash on. When flash does work pictures are dim....

When my phone is low on battery and battery saver kicks on, my flash won't work either. Try going into settings and disabling battery saver and then see if your flash works.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, after so long Wi-Fi will sleep, and you'll lose your stream reelon.

That has not been my experience. If I start streaming in Metro Radio, it actually holds the WiFi connection. If I stop streaming, it'll sleep the WiFi connection as normal. I have streamed Metro Radio for well over 30 minutes and had no issues. Then again, I don't really know for SURE that it didn't switch to 4G at some point. But I really don't think so, because every time I'd wake the phone to check/switch the song, the WiFi indicator was ALWAYS lit, rather than the typical connecting indication that I am used to with the Titan.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so what i thought was a bad flash on the camera(not coming on when i forced flash on) was actually coming on but it seems as though the timing of the flash and taking the picture is off. Like i will have the flash set to "On" and i will snap a pic flash will flash but very fast so as the camera is taking the picture the flash has allready flashed. Can anyone else confirm that this is normal?

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Surely if the app is Mango compatible then it should run in the background and the functions it uses (i.e. WiFi) should also stay switched on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss