Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. GekkoAce's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    393 Posts
       #1  
    I called at&t and they wouldn't give me the unlock code like they have in the past due to a one year agreement they have with HTC.
    I found an unlock code on eBay for only $3.74 US, and or worked great! i tested it with a Tmobile SIM card.
    I wanted to pass this along in case anyone else wanted to unlock their TITAN and was worried about shelling out $ to do it.

    Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
  2. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    #2  
    I didn't even know that was possible!
  3. GekkoAce's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    393 Posts
       #3  
    Yeah, as soon as you insert a non att sim card it prompts you for a pin. You enter the unlock code and its unlocked forever (even if you update he os).

    Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
  4. Fleon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gekkoace View Post
    Yeah, as soon as you insert a non att sim card it prompts you for a pin. You enter the unlock code and its unlocked forever (even if you update he os).

    Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
    Did you check what kinds of data speeds you were getting on T-mobile?
  5. feedmylittletroll's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #5  
    I am curious if you can tether after unlocking it. When i try to enable to option on my Focus S, it says to contact att. I now what to send this thing back and get the titan (if you can tether after unlocking)
  6. GekkoAce's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    393 Posts
       #6  
    Still can't tether on At&t for free. I use my old Samsung Omnia 7 to tether for free ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by feedmylittletroll View Post
    I am curious if you can tether after unlocking it. When i try to enable to option on my Focus S, it says to contact att. I now what to send this thing back and get the titan (if you can tether after unlocking)
  7. GekkoAce's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    393 Posts
       #7  
    I didn't check the speed, but in an area that I normally get full strength 4G on my Titan I was only getting Edge on the T-Mobile SIM card. That may change though once T-Mobile gets its 3G Roaming on At&t from the failed merger.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleon View Post
    Did you check what kinds of data speeds you were getting on T-mobile?
  8. Shane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #8  
    I did the sim unlock on mine as well. The Titan doesn't have the 1700 band so all you get is Edge. The only problem I have been noticing is that after the unlock, the connection settings wizard will pop up every once in a while. Not sure if this is related but today my phone decided o shut itself off and took a while to get out of the windows phone boot screen. When it did I was prompted with the get started screen. After my oh Sh** I decide to just go through the process. All of my apps were therebut i had to renter all passwords and re-setup wireless an bluetooth connections. Very strange. One may not be related to the other but neither happend before I sim unlocked the phone.
  9. Amran Mohamad's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #9  
    Good Day.

    I bought this titan 2 from the States last June and have not been able to unlock it.
    would you be able to share the unlock code please.

    Many thanks.
    Amran
    amran1966@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by GekkoAce View Post
    I called at&t and they wouldn't give me the unlock code like they have in the past due to a one year agreement they have with HTC.
    I found an unlock code on eBay for only $3.74 US, and or worked great! i tested it with a Tmobile SIM card.
    I wanted to pass this along in case anyone else wanted to unlock their TITAN and was worried about shelling out $ to do it.

    Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
  10. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amran Mohamad View Post
    Good Day.

    I bought this titan 2 from the States last June and have not been able to unlock it.
    would you be able to share the unlock code please.

    Many thanks.
    Amran
    amran1966@hotmail.com
    Unfortunately, unlock codes are specific to each phone's IMEI. His code won't work on your phone.

    However, you should try calling AT&T. They might be able to give you the unlock code for free.

Posting Permissions