Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
Like Tree3Likes
  1. reelon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just picked up the titan one the penny sale. Right now I'm getting it ready, I will use it for a couple of days and compare it to my galaxy s2. For a penny there is nothing to lose. Will report back.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    jbjtkbw00#AC likes this.
  2. neftv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    #2  
    Good luck with it. Please do report back about your usage of the Titan including call audio quality (both ways).
  3. AbsoluteZerow's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #3  
    So question, did AT&T sell you the titan for 1 cent in the store, I thought it was online only?
  4. campbellc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    #4  
    The stores will match the online price.
  5. reelon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
       #5  
    That is right. I just told them that I saw it online and asked them if the could do the same price.
  6. pfe1223's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #6  
    Wish I had known about the store policy to match the online price. My Titan shipped tonight whereas I could have picked one up on Friday when I placed the order. Oh well.
  7. steve70's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    #7  
    Welcome to the Titan family. Love it. Agree with neftv. Would love to know how the call quality is. Fortunately, I don't make many calls. I hear everything well and clear but have had complaints on the receiving end.
  8. reelon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
       #8  
    First impressions. The phone feels solid, heavier than my galaxy with a case. like it. Love the size of the screen. Trying to find a good twitter client.
  9. rdifiori's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by reelon View Post
    First impressions. The phone feels solid, heavier than my galaxy with a case. like it. Love the size of the screen. Trying to find a good twitter client.
    not a peep about sound quality???
  10. AbsoluteZerow's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #10  
    Yes, please report back on sound quality. Both of the titans I had l, had horrible sound quality. Would be nice to know if they finally release handsets that resolved the call quality issues. Also, that's awesome that they price matched.
  11. jbjtkbw00#AC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    #11  
    Got mine yesterday. Sucks that if you order online, the 3 day window of the activation fee sticking starts the day you order. So, today is officially day 3 for me. If I decide I don't like, I'm stuck unless I return it today.

    So far, LOVE the interface. Very smooth and responsive. A little disappointed on the lack of apps, but I'm sure that will grow in time. I guess I was just trying to download as many of the same apps that I have on my Droid Bionic as a comparison.

    Where I'm located in central Florida (Orlando) is listed as an HSPA+ network, but I gotta be honest that even when in downtown O-Town, 2.1 MB down is really disappointing when things are near instant on my Bionic. I'm spoiled, I'm not gonna lie.

    I need the Titan on an LTE network and I think I'd be extremely happy. However, I'm going to continue to evaluate since today is my first full day with it.
  12. campbellc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    #12  
    Eager to hear about the sound quality issue too. Regardless I hope that it is a non issue with the Titan II.

    Tampa/St. Pete/Bradenton/Sarasota just recieved LTE two weeks ago. Thank you RNC!

    Hopefully I will be accessing those blazing speeds by Sunday.
  13. Diamondx_8's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #13  
    I got a Titan in November. I love the phone. The sound quality issue is starting to become more of a problem. I don't have it as much when on speaker phone but experience it a lot when off speaker phone. I wonder if getting a blue tooth ear piece would bypass the issue altogether. If not, I ma have to replace which is going to hurt because I am on contract. However, not being heard defeats the purpose of having a phone. I would wait for Apollo devices before doing that. This will make nw think twice before buying another HTC phone.

    Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express
  14. reelon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdef View Post
    not a peep about sound quality???
    I haven't had any trouble with sound quality. I must say that almost all of my calls today have been using the Bluetooth on my car.
    Battery life was better with the normal use that I make I got 9 hours, before getting the low battery warning.
  15. neftv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    #15  
    How about making a test call with someone using phone directly no bluetooth?
    How does the caller sound when you put the phone to ear and how do they say you sound in clarity and quality?
  16. reelon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by neftv View Post
    How about making a test call with someone using phone directly no bluetooth?
    How does the caller sound when you put the phone to ear and how do they say you sound in clarity and quality?
    Made a couple of calls without the bluetooth. One was about 15 min long and the other ones between 5-8. I would asked them if they had any problems hearing me clearly and always was told that they had no problems. I purposefully went to some areas that I knew with signal problems but the call held well. Testing continues.
  17. pfe1223's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #17  
    Opened up my Titan an hour or so ago. One of the first things I did was call my wife. She said my voice was a little muffled. It was nothing serious, about what you expect for some calls on a cell phone. Her voice came through great. Still getting used to the wide screen and new OS.
    reelon likes this.
  18. reelon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
       #18  
    well time to put the titan to charge. Does anyone know if there's any sound enhancements for the music app? Something like eq.
  19. scdkad's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    135 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw007 View Post
    Got mine yesterday. Sucks that if you order online, the 3 day window of the activation fee sticking starts the day you order. So, today is officially day 3 for me. If I decide I don't like, I'm stuck unless I return it today.

    So far, LOVE the interface. Very smooth and responsive. A little disappointed on the lack of apps, but I'm sure that will grow in time. I guess I was just trying to download as many of the same apps that I have on my Droid Bionic as a comparison.

    Where I'm located in central Florida (Orlando) is listed as an HSPA+ network, but I gotta be honest that even when in downtown O-Town, 2.1 MB down is really disappointing when things are near instant on my Bionic. I'm spoiled, I'm not gonna lie.

    I need the Titan on an LTE network and I think I'd be extremely happy. However, I'm going to continue to evaluate since today is my first full day with it.
    Titan not LTE. Titan II is LTE.
  20. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #20  
    Congrats on your purchase. It's an awesome device and took pretty darn good pics.

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  21. reelon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw007 View Post
    Got mine yesterday. Sucks that if you order online, the 3 day window of the activation fee sticking starts the day you order. So, today is officially day 3 for me. If I decide I don't like, I'm stuck unless I return it today.

    Where I'm located in central Florida (Orlando) is listed as an HSPA+ network, but I gotta be honest that even when in downtown O-Town, 2.1 MB down is really disappointing when things are near instant on my Bionic. I'm spoiled, I'm not gonna lie.
    I was told at the att store that if you bought it online you have one chance to change the phone or cancel the contract, without the restocking fee.
    I'm in a hspa+ area too, the fastest that I've seen is about 4 MB down.
  22. SolunaKitty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    267 Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by reelon View Post
    First impressions. The phone feels solid, heavier than my galaxy with a case. like it. Love the size of the screen. Trying to find a good twitter client.
    While I hardly ever use Twitter, I know the app that was talked about is Carbon. It's $2 at the moment, but you can always try it for free for a while to see if you like it enough to spend that much.
  23. jbjtkbw00#AC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by scdkad View Post
    Titan not LTE. Titan II is LTE.
    I never said it was lte. I was saying that it would be a much more attractive device if it was an lte device.
  24. jbjtkbw00#AC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by reelon View Post
    I was told at the att store that if you bought it online you have one chance to change the phone or cancel the contract, without the restocking fee.
    I'm in a hspa+ area too, the fastest that I've seen is about 4 MB down.
    I'd kill for that at least once in a while when I'm away from home.
  25. Neibl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by reelon View Post
    First impressions. The phone feels solid, heavier than my galaxy with a case. like it. Love the size of the screen. Trying to find a good twitter client.
    medoh is the best twitter client I've seen yet. I'm obsessed with it
    TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions