HTC Locations Updated to Bring Offline Navigation

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I recently read on Engadget that the Locations app from HTC has been updated to support offline navigation, like Nokia Drive. I have not tested either app, so I cannot tell you much about the apps and how they compare. Locations also has turn-by-turn voice navigations for walking and driving.

Edit: It seems that navigation does expire a certain time (4/26 for me). It costs a certain amount to renew the navigation. You can check under "Get More" -> "Navigation" -> "Get more". It's $30 for the US for unlimited.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just saw that too. Nice attempt, HTC, but charging for offline maps is going to be a hard sell when Nokia is doing the same but for free. However, 30 bucks for full fledged offline maps isn't that bad, especially since Navigon charges way more. Plus I'm glad to see that HTC is still working to improve their selection of services and apps. Aside from Nokia and HTC, the other vendors haven't released/updated a worthwhile app in quite some time.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
they will need to make these free. I know they are looking for some lockin to their OEM store but that's not the way to do it.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I read a comment that said navigation will be free, but voice navigation is what will be paid for. I don't know the validity, so take it with a grain of salt.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Is this a regional thing or am I missing the price somewhere? I've had the maps installed for about a week but no messages that I'll need to pay at some point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett