HTC Titan on Straight Talk? Anyone?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried a battery pull? I am pretty sure the phone gets the additional APN information off the SIM card on bootup.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it to work. I just put att.mvno as the APN. I don't use the Connection Setup app because I don't think Tracfone is the right setting, because I can never get it to work. As a result, I can't use MMS, but at least my data works.

I've asked HTC to add Straight Talk to their Connection Setup app a month ago and they said they would consider it. Haven't heard anything since.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
We do not have the ability to change settings manually like the Wireless Setup app from Samsung does so your reply is not pertinent.

Sorry about that , thought that maybe the HTC Connection Setup would work, but, I just read on XDA that the app was pulled and no longer on marketplace.

Really somebody needs to make the Wireless Manager work for all WP7 Phone just not Samsung's or Microsoft should just intergrate into the OS itself.

Shark87

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in getting a Titan on Net10. How has it been for any of you that have already had it running on ST/N10 for a while now?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had an LG Quantum on ST but couldn't edit the MMS settings. Now I have a Venue Pro which allows MMS server editing when in engineer mode. I gave up wi-fi tethering leaving the LG, but it was a good trade-off.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Titan 2 and just got Straight Talk. The phone and texts are working but I can't get data. I read that you guys were able to get it. I have tried entering all the the information from Straight Talk in the APN settings, doing a battery pull but that didn't work. I also tried just entering att.mvno and leaving everything else blank and doing a battery pull, but nothing.

Any advice? In order to do a battery pull on the Titan 2 I just remove the sim card backing. I can't actually remove the battery, but this should do the same thing.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Get HTC Connection Setup app

Select Tracfone

go to Settings->cellular->add apn type att.mvno for name and save.

power off for about 30 secs, power back on. I'd say yank battery but you cant with a TII.

I have tired that about 10 times. :mad: It is not working. It does show 4G on the top though.

I have been putting att.mvno in the APN field and leaving all the others blank.
The other fields are:
User Name
Password
Proxy server/URL
Proxy Port

I initially tired filling in all the ones I could with the information from Straight Talk but that didn't work either.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
you need to start a support ticket from straight talk's facebook page. sounds like you had the same problem I did and the rep on facebook support got it fixed.

I don't have facebook. I guess I can call them for support. Hope I can get this working. This was the main reason for the switch for me. Not going to stream, but I get more service for less money.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
oh **** NO.....don't call them for support. I almost commited a violent crime trying to get help through phone support. It was only after reaching my wit's end I decided to try the Facebook support page cause I had nothing to lose and it turns out those are the best support people.

one thing you need to try if possible is try the SIM in another ATT phone to confirm this is an issue with data provisioning on your account and not your phone.

Well (sorry to be posting in two threads at the same time) maybe I will create a fake facebook account if it is still not working in a few hours. It has only been activiated for 30 minutes. Thanks for the advice.

lewminous

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't sure if this phone has ADC turned on by default or not. I did a hard reset of the phone (kind of a nuclear option bleh) and tried to see if it would pick up the settings but no dice. I've also tried the battery pull (ST suggested this) no dice. One thing I notice when I do a battery pull is it clears my APN settings....uncool.

I ran the HTC Connection Setup app and selected Tracfone though I think that's only for MMS.

EDIT: I did another battery pull and it is working now. I pulled the battery with the power on whereas before I was turning the phone off gracefully....ugh whatever but it works now. Yay!

So, to clarify...you now have data & mms working by selecting tracfone from the app and putting att.mvno as the apn, then doing a battery pull? I am going to get a Titan in a couple days & want to make sure I know exactly what to do. Thanks in advance!

tambe292001

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I have tired that about 10 times. :mad: It is not working. It does show 4G on the top though.

I have been putting att.mvno in the APN field and leaving all the others blank.
The other fields are:
User Name
Password
Proxy server/URL
Proxy Port

I initially tired filling in all the ones I could with the information from Straight Talk but that didn't work either.
Omg I'm having the same problem. We have no Internet other than wifi at home it says 4G but it don't work and no mms pic MSG ugh no one can tell me how to fix this. Can't even update the dang phone

tambe292001

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I really wish someone could help me. Someone has to have knowledge I mean who made designed engineered these dam phones. Hello they have to know why it has no mmsc settings. It's a 4G phone with mmsc and it won't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb