Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    deleted
    Last edited by inteller; 11-25-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,377 Global Posts
    Have you tried a battery pull? I am pretty sure the phone gets the additional APN information off the SIM card on bootup.
    Last edited by palandri; 03-31-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Glad you got it to work. I just put att.mvno as the APN. I don't use the Connection Setup app because I don't think Tracfone is the right setting, because I can never get it to work. As a result, I can't use MMS, but at least my data works.

I've asked HTC to add Straight Talk to their Connection Setup app a month ago and they said they would consider it. Haven't heard anything since.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    ....EDIT: I did another battery pull and it is working now. I pulled the battery with the power on whereas before I was turning the phone off gracefully....ugh whatever but it works now. Yay!
    Glad you got it to work.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    who did you write? I want to tell them as well so they know more that one person is asking for it.
    Well I wrote HTC Technical Support and I wrote on their Facebook page.

The link the HTC Facebook people gave me was:

Contact HTCdev

though that seems to be more about Android.

I have a Samsung focus running on straight talk, and I cannot get picture messaging to work. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

And another thread, I am on a roll today..

I posted the NET10/StraightTalk AT&T Sim Apn Settings in this thread - All features working, MMS, BingMaps, TellMe..

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...ion/188659.htm
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester
    HeyCori likes this.

We do not have the ability to change settings manually like the Wireless Setup app from Samsung does so your reply is not pertinent.
    Sorry about that , thought that maybe the HTC Connection Setup would work, but, I just read on XDA that the app was pulled and no longer on marketplace.

Really somebody needs to make the Wireless Manager work for all WP7 Phone just not Samsung's or Microsoft should just intergrate into the OS itself.
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I'm interested in getting a Titan on Net10. How has it been for any of you that have already had it running on ST/N10 for a while now?

Global Posts
    2,717 Global Posts
    I had an LG Quantum on ST but couldn't edit the MMS settings. Now I have a Venue Pro which allows MMS server editing when in engineer mode. I gave up wi-fi tethering leaving the LG, but it was a good trade-off.

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts
    I have a Titan 2 and just got Straight Talk. The phone and texts are working but I can't get data. I read that you guys were able to get it. I have tried entering all the the information from Straight Talk in the APN settings, doing a battery pull but that didn't work. I also tried just entering att.mvno and leaving everything else blank and doing a battery pull, but nothing.

Any advice? In order to do a battery pull on the Titan 2 I just remove the sim card backing. I can't actually remove the battery, but this should do the same thing.

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts
    Get HTC Connection Setup app

Select Tracfone

go to Settings->cellular->add apn type att.mvno for name and save.

power off for about 30 secs, power back on. I'd say yank battery but you cant with a TII.
    I have tired that about 10 times. :mad: It is not working. It does show 4G on the top though.

I have been putting att.mvno in the APN field and leaving all the others blank.
    The other fields are:
    User Name
    Password
    Proxy server/URL
    Proxy Port

I initially tired filling in all the ones I could with the information from Straight Talk but that didn't work either.

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts
    you need to start a support ticket from straight talk's facebook page. sounds like you had the same problem I did and the rep on facebook support got it fixed.
    I don't have facebook. I guess I can call them for support. Hope I can get this working. This was the main reason for the switch for me. Not going to stream, but I get more service for less money.

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts
    oh **** NO.....don't call them for support. I almost commited a violent crime trying to get help through phone support. It was only after reaching my wit's end I decided to try the Facebook support page cause I had nothing to lose and it turns out those are the best support people.

one thing you need to try if possible is try the SIM in another ATT phone to confirm this is an issue with data provisioning on your account and not your phone.
    Well (sorry to be posting in two threads at the same time) maybe I will create a fake facebook account if it is still not working in a few hours. It has only been activiated for 30 minutes. Thanks for the advice.

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts
    I guess I was excited since I could call and text.

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts
    in the meantime I would suggest getting your online account setup at Welcome To Straight Talk
    I am all setup. I ported my number from ATT, so when my calls and texts were working, I thought data would too. This should save me about $25 a month and give me data, which I didnt have before. :)

I wasn't sure if this phone has ADC turned on by default or not. I did a hard reset of the phone (kind of a nuclear option bleh) and tried to see if it would pick up the settings but no dice. I've also tried the battery pull (ST suggested this) no dice. One thing I notice when I do a battery pull is it clears my APN settings....uncool.

I ran the HTC Connection Setup app and selected Tracfone though I think that's only for MMS.

EDIT: I did another battery pull and it is working now. I pulled the battery with the power on whereas before I was turning the phone off gracefully....ugh whatever but it works now. Yay!
    So, to clarify...you now have data & mms working by selecting tracfone from the app and putting att.mvno as the apn, then doing a battery pull? I am going to get a Titan in a couple days & want to make sure I know exactly what to do. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I have tired that about 10 times. :mad: It is not working. It does show 4G on the top though.

I have been putting att.mvno in the APN field and leaving all the others blank.
    The other fields are:
    User Name
    Password
    Proxy server/URL
    Proxy Port

I initially tired filling in all the ones I could with the information from Straight Talk but that didn't work either.
    Omg I'm having the same problem. We have no Internet other than wifi at home it says 4G but it don't work and no mms pic MSG ugh no one can tell me how to fix this. Can't even update the dang phone

I really wish someone could help me. Someone has to have knowledge I mean who made designed engineered these dam phones. Hello they have to know why it has no mmsc settings. It's a 4G phone with mmsc and it won't work.

no you can get MMS by setting to Consumer Cellular, but WLM and FB chat wont work. or you set to Tracfone and get all your internet services working but no MMS.

A profile for Straight Talk is coming. That will fix everything.

Does anyone know when?

no you can get MMS by setting to Consumer Cellular, but WLM and FB chat wont work. or you set to Tracfone and get all your internet services working but no MMS.

A profile for Straight Talk is coming. That will fix everything.

Do you know when?

I have a Titan I'm trying to use on Straight Talk. I was using a Focus with a Straight Talk provided number and everything worked fine. They don't port numbers into already activated SIMs though.

Now I have a new SIM I ported my ATT number from. I can make voice calls but no texting or data. ST is no help because they don't really support BYOD phones.

If anyone has a Titan on ST and could provide their successfully working settings I'd really appreciate it.
    Did you get it working yet let me know I seen some one posted in here the solution we tried it and it worked

Quote Originally Posted by tambe292001 View Post
    Do you know when?
    Thank you for that, we set it to consumer cellular and we get mms and 4G working now. Everything works accept some apps it says sorry windows can not bla bla bla but man were totally happy about this we been going rounds with everyone on the phone.

Thanks for all the info inteller :)

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    What I found with Straight Talk, Red Pocket and H20 Wireless is that the "Consumer Cellular" setting enables data and MMS for the device. By using the server settings for Consumer Cellular, you will not have access to the Microsoft services: Bing, Marketplace and Local Scout to name just a few.

If you would rather have the MSN services over MMS, you can go directly to the "Edit APN" section in the phone settings and enter, att.mvno and the server of 66.209.11.33 with a Proxy Port of 80. This will disable MMS, but open the correct proxy for the MSN stuff.

Hope that helps - and PS, HTC DEV's said they aren't adding any new carriers for support to connection setup. That included any of the three.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast