Unrecognized USB Device

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I tried syncing my photos through Zune this morning and while connecting my USB (a la charging cable that came with phone) to the computer, the computer says "The USB drive is malfunctioned or the USB device is not working." I've always used the same USB ports and I just used it 2 weeks ago to sync my previous photos so I don't understand the issue. I tried another usb cable to see if it was the cable's issue and I get the same message. However when I plug in my mouse and printer USB cable into the same ports they work fine.

What could be the issue? Is my phone bad or something, what happened over 2 weeks that now Zune or the computer won't recognize my device to sync?

MarcosWerewolf

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have another computer you can connect to test it?

Try to connect your phone to the USB port, and then go to 'Device Manager' and look carefully the 'USB devices' group. If there's any 'Windows Phone USB' and/or a device with your phone model, remove it and check to 'uninstall the driver' if it has this option.

I also recommend you to try and clean the USB port on your HTC.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. The pins in my USB port on my Titan are apparently messed up.

HTC said it was due to user abuse. They specifically said that using the phone while it was charging is considered user abuse since it could mess up the port.

My belief is that is true only because the quality of the hardware for USB ports is pretty much crap. So flimsy compared to other OEMs.

Repair guy told me to be very careful with HTC and Motorola USB ports because he gets a lot of those brought in for repairs.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Keep it plug in and perform windows update. This will update so device can be recognize.

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12