Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,

Summary: Phone broken, stuck in loop between HTC/WP screen. Can get in to SPL mode. Can I do anything to fix it from here?

Im on holiday atm and the wifi here is terrible so im struggling to get much research on this done. My phone was working fine earlier, sent a text off, went to write another one, pressed the search button by accident and then the screen froze, wouldnt respond to any touch at all. Tried turning the screen on and off for a bit, volume was still working etc, in the end pulled the battery. Phone restarted, managed to get it to the normal lock screen (where it had my alarm/activities for the day displayed) but again, unresponsive to touch. Pulled again a few times and the same thing happened so I decided to leave it, figured maybe the heat/humidity here (on holiday in India) had wreaked havoc with some component.

Anyways, restarted again 30 minutes later and this time couldn't get past the windows phone screen -as soon as that loaded, it reset the phone and got stuck in a neverending loop. Held up and down together and got to the screen I think is called SPL (never bothered with any of the rooting stuff), looks like this (from another thread):

http://i47.tinypic.com/2efrdx0.jpg

However, the TOUCH simply says "TOUCH NONE". So obviously theres a problem there. Everything else is the same.

I tried disabling/enabling the HTC log/modem bridge but that didn't help and did a reboot and factory reset a few times but that didn't help either. Now Ive got the device hooked up to my laptop, changed from serial to USB but I don't know what (if anything) I can do in this state?

I tried earlier holding down to put it into zune mode, it completed restoring the version but then as the zune software restarted the phone, it went back into the endless cycle - the zune software was still waiting for it to reconnect again to complete the process, but obviously I couldn't get it that far.

Anyways, sorry for the long message but if anyone has any ideas of anything I can do then let me know! Preferably not rooting it as I figure once I get back to the UK I'll try and get it under HTCs warranty. But Im on holiday,not having a phone is a massive inconvenience (especially for my mum!) so if I could do something from here that'd be amazing. If not I might go buy a Lumia 610 tomorrow sim free and sell it when I get back :(

Also, this sums up my experiences of late:

Quote Originally Posted by Narr View Post
    So HTC 'repaired' my Titan and replaced the motherboard and I've had it back for about 2 weeks now. I've not had any reboots yet but the call quality appears worse and several times now I've answered the phone or made a call and there is no sound. In addition I've noticed games that used to run perfectly fine stutter and freeze every so often.

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
    The call quality has gotten a lot worse, there have been frequent times where theres been no sound, and Ive had the stutter and freeze. But Ive had no reboots, and it didn't get sent off.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    you need to do a hard reset of the phone.

Do you mean by holding vol up/down and then using the option factory reset (as on picture in OP)? Because I've done that and its not worked.

Also just tried this, to try and force any sort of up/downgrade and because I'll try most things atm, HTC Titan gets a bootloader update to fix fatal flaw | WMPoweruser

Didn't work though.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    Manufacturer warranty? Either that or pay AT&T's warranty fee.

Bought it sim free to replace my broken HD7 :facepalm:

Going to have to try HTC's manufacturer warranty. Which I also had to use for my HD7 for the crashing whilst playing music problem. Was just trying to fix it whilst Im abroad.

Never. Ever. Ever. Buying another HTC phone again.

Just tried the Windows Phone Support Tool, unable to do it with my phone. Completely out of ideas now :(

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    put it in USB mode, plug it into your computer and flash a stock ROM back to it. you can find it on XDA-dev

Hard reset by holding down buttons is what I had to do about 3 months ago then do a restore from Zune which was 2 months old and then manually reinstall all apps.
    This is what sucks about Zune/WP7 when you can't do adhoc backups and include everything

I can't restore from Zune, not working.

inteller - could you provide any specific links on how to do that? Is this rooting it etc? Im normally quite tech savvy but this godawful internet is making it hard to find anything and WP is one thing Ive never bothered with the hacking side on so I have a bit to catch up on.

Another question lol, if I buy a (unlocked) Samsung Omnia M or Lumia 710 in India, it will still work when I get back to the UK won't it? Same frequencies etc surely? I was going to buy my Dad a 710 anyway, so kind of makes sense to do so. Then at least I have a phone to get me through the next 5 weeks in which HTC will invariably send me back a still broken phone like they did last time.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    no i'm not going to provide links. go to xda-dev and get in the Titan (2011) forum and you will find links to the ROM there, plus lots of other information that will be useful to you. if you have a real problem with your phone XDA dev should be your first stop, not this forum.

I have the same issue with my phone error code c101002e. I have tried everything.