Titan 1 owners going HTC with WP8?
12-16-2012 04:05 PM
- With your experience with your Titan 1, will you be getting an HTC WP8?
The Titan is my first HTC phone. Overall it has been great, but the low voice quality and a rattle inside the phone have been a bummer. Also it has glitched out a couple of times. Don't like how the sound goes awful once you hit the search button (is that a WP7 thing?).
I am disappointed that the HTC 8X somehow is practically the same size as the Titan but with only a 4.3" screen. How??
Titan 1 (4.7") : 131.5 x 70.7 x 9.9mm
Nokia Lumia 920 (4.5") : 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7
HTC 8X (4.3") : 132.35 x 66.2 x 10.12
Samsung ATIV S (4.8") : 137.2 x 70.5 x 8.709-21-2012 02:26 PM
- I'll consider it but I'll need to see some real world reviews as well as hear the voice quality in the 8x (I have other phones on my ATT plan that have the poor mic audio quality that you mention). I'll also have to consider what kind of upgrade allowance (or penalty) that ATT will impose since I will only have had my Titan Gen1 for about a year at the time of the upgrade. All three phones have strong positives going for them but none of the three phones have everything I want (what else is new lol). Might actually consider waiting for the next versions to be released and seeing what improvements are made and if shortcomings are addressed.09-21-2012 02:33 PM
- I'm rocking WP7.8 on my Titan, but no I won't go for another HTC after.
Anyone thinking of jumping to Nokia like me should give it a go and indulge into custom ROMs for HTC Titan at XDA. They are picking up quite nicely. These are already 12 ROMs to choose from (they have a FAQ thread with list of them as sticky)
And I see more and more and more ROMs being cooked as we get better WP7.8 builds.
So rock WP7.8 on HTC and buy a new Nokia Lumia 920 - that's my plan this Christmas ;)09-22-2012 05:34 AM
- Wife's Titan I will be a year old in November and yes it has the muffled call quality issue. Waited until now to do a warranty exchange because did not want another one. So, not exactly wanting another HTC because they and ATT never acknowledged the call quality problem. Will just wait and see what's available at the end of October and see what ATT would offer for a replacement..
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express09-22-2012 05:50 AM
- I'm gonna hang onto my Titan with 7.8 for at least another year (or until these recent random restarts **** me off enough to sell it), and I'll see what the best device is then, but I think I'd probably go with Nokia. HTC would need to step things up a bit to get my next paycheck.09-22-2012 08:31 PM
- I'm not going to buy another HTC.
After speaking to phone repair people tell me that HTC uses shoddy parts for things like ports, it made me apprehensive. When I spoke to HTC support and they told me that using the phone while it was plugged in was considered "customer abuse", I made a decision that I wasn't going to give them anymore of my business.09-22-2012 09:59 PM
Hopefully HTC gets better. I do want the new phones to be great and make people happy.
I just won't he one of the ones taking a chance.09-23-2012 11:26 AM
- H3LL NO! This is absolutely my last HTC device. Not one single update on my Titan. You can blame both AT&T and mostly HTC for the sheer neglect on the Titan. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....
I have already moved on to a Lumia 900 and will be getting a 920 when released.09-23-2012 09:05 PM
- I don't want to be as blunt as some of the others, but I agree with the sentiments voiced... I'm done with HTC for a while. After owning a Titan, I'm fed up with their lack of support and updates for the device and launching the Titan 2 as their "fix" for the Titan 1.
In time, I'm sure I may reconsider... after all, I admit that the 8X and 8S designs (actually all HTC designs) have always impressed me. For now, though, I feel the company needs to learn lessons on how to treat their customers.09-23-2012 09:29 PM
- all I'm seeing is lip service with the 8X and 8S so far. When they decide to get dedicated support resources for their windows phones as they do their android crap i'll think about coming back to HTC. When dealing with them over the Connection Setup app I felt like a second class citizen.09-24-2012 10:17 AM
- No way. 0 updates delivered to my phone. ATT claimed that they were still making sure it worked with their network. Funny, apple updates go out immediately. No checking to see if their updates work. Same with android. Blatant lie. So they were covering for HTC it seems. HTC still dont admit that there is any problems with their phones. I will take a nokia brick over anything HTC offers. Smaller screen does not help either. I am leaning toward the 920, but Ativ-s is a very close second. But I think I am pretty confident I will wait till 8.5 launch phones.09-24-2012 11:37 AM
- Yup, I still am considering them. My Titan would appear to be an anomaly. Full bars most of the time, good call quality (not one person has complained - plus they come through clearly too), and has had updates to Windows Phone and firmware. My phone impressed everyone on a camping trip I went to in the US, and they were all considering Windows Phone (over their iPhones).09-25-2012 11:24 AM
- 09-26-2012 06:19 PM
- Windows Central Archives
- Windows Central Archive
- HTC TITAN
Titan 1 owners going HTC with WP8?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD