Titan 1 owners going HTC with WP8?

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
With your experience with your Titan 1, will you be getting an HTC WP8?

The Titan is my first HTC phone. Overall it has been great, but the low voice quality and a rattle inside the phone have been a bummer. Also it has glitched out a couple of times. Don't like how the sound goes awful once you hit the search button (is that a WP7 thing?).

I am disappointed that the HTC 8X somehow is practically the same size as the Titan but with only a 4.3" screen. How??

Titan 1 (4.7") : 131.5 x 70.7 x 9.9mm
Nokia Lumia 920 (4.5") : 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7
HTC 8X (4.3") : 132.35 x 66.2 x 10.12
Samsung ATIV S (4.8") : 137.2 x 70.5 x 8.7

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll consider it but I'll need to see some real world reviews as well as hear the voice quality in the 8x (I have other phones on my ATT plan that have the poor mic audio quality that you mention). I'll also have to consider what kind of upgrade allowance (or penalty) that ATT will impose since I will only have had my Titan Gen1 for about a year at the time of the upgrade. All three phones have strong positives going for them but none of the three phones have everything I want (what else is new lol). Might actually consider waiting for the next versions to be released and seeing what improvements are made and if shortcomings are addressed.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
**** NO.

I will not support a company that supports its phones and customers SO POORLY!

My Titan went out in the mail today...GOOD RIDDANCE!

epsomax

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Went through 3 titans with the random reset and finally gave it and traded it via craigslist for a Samsung Focus 2. HTC and I are done.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm rocking WP7.8 on my Titan, but no I won't go for another HTC after.

Anyone thinking of jumping to Nokia like me should give it a go and indulge into custom ROMs for HTC Titan at XDA. They are picking up quite nicely. These are already 12 ROMs to choose from (they have a FAQ thread with list of them as sticky)

And I see more and more and more ROMs being cooked as we get better WP7.8 builds.

So rock WP7.8 on HTC and buy a new Nokia Lumia 920 - that's my plan this Christmas ;)

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Wife's Titan I will be a year old in November and yes it has the muffled call quality issue. Waited until now to do a warranty exchange because did not want another one. So, not exactly wanting another HTC because they and ATT never acknowledged the call quality problem. Will just wait and see what's available at the end of October and see what ATT would offer for a replacement..

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll not be touching HTC for a long time after my Titan experience; as mentioned by others the support is just downright shoddy, they don't admit issues and don't issue fixes. I went back to my LG Optimus 7 because the call quality on the Titan was so bad.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna hang onto my Titan with 7.8 for at least another year (or until these recent random restarts piss me off enough to sell it), and I'll see what the best device is then, but I think I'd probably go with Nokia. HTC would need to step things up a bit to get my next paycheck.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to buy another HTC.

After speaking to phone repair people tell me that HTC uses shoddy parts for things like ports, it made me apprehensive. When I spoke to HTC support and they told me that using the phone while it was plugged in was considered "customer abuse", I made a decision that I wasn't going to give them anymore of my business.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Resounding "NO". This is based on their support for the Titan. Not having a 4.7 inch display on their new phones made my decision easier.
While the Nokia 920's display is not 4.7 inch, Nokia seems to stand behind their products in full force.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Wish we could get all the people pledging allegiance to the 8X to see this thread.

They see it. But it's just talk on the internet unless they personally experience a problem themselves.

Hopefully HTC gets better. I do want the new phones to be great and make people happy.

I just won't he one of the ones taking a chance.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
H3LL NO! This is absolutely my last HTC device. Not one single update on my Titan. You can blame both AT&T and mostly HTC for the sheer neglect on the Titan. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....

I have already moved on to a Lumia 900 and will be getting a 920 when released.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to be as blunt as some of the others, but I agree with the sentiments voiced... I'm done with HTC for a while. After owning a Titan, I'm fed up with their lack of support and updates for the device and launching the Titan 2 as their "fix" for the Titan 1.

In time, I'm sure I may reconsider... after all, I admit that the 8X and 8S designs (actually all HTC designs) have always impressed me. For now, though, I feel the company needs to learn lessons on how to treat their customers.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
all I'm seeing is lip service with the 8X and 8S so far. When they decide to get dedicated support resources for their windows phones as they do their android crap i'll think about coming back to HTC. When dealing with them over the Connection Setup app I felt like a second class citizen.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No way. 0 updates delivered to my phone. ATT claimed that they were still making sure it worked with their network. Funny, apple updates go out immediately. No checking to see if their updates work. Same with android. Blatant lie. So they were covering for HTC it seems. HTC still dont admit that there is any problems with their phones. I will take a nokia brick over anything HTC offers. Smaller screen does not help either. I am leaning toward the 920, but Ativ-s is a very close second. But I think I am pretty confident I will wait till 8.5 launch phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3