HTC Titan Stuck in Bootloader screen on startup

Wutpear

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi I recently dropped my HTC Titan in the toilet so I immediately grabbed it took it apart and dried it out. After a few hours of letting it dry I put it together and turned it on. The phone seemed to work fine except that I had put the sim-card back in wrong so I had no signal. I turned the phone off and switched the sim-card but when I started my phone again it immediately goes to the bootloader screen. I can't do anything in this screen.

Wutpear

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone work without a sim card installed? Does it work with another sim card? Have you tried to hard-reset the device? Pressing volume up + down while turning on and using the volume rocker to navigate the menu.
I have tried it without a sim card it still goes to bootloader. I haven't done a hard reset and I can't navigate the bootloader screen at all with the rocker.

Wutpear

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just re-read and saw you're being sent instantly to the bootloader. Maybe check your volume rocker isn't stuck in any form. The volume down while switching on takes you to the bootloader.
It isnt because when i take the phone back cover off and press the keys with my finger nail nothing happens. Something has apparently changed from me trying to hard reset from the off position. Now the IMAGE CRC thing is highlighted in blue which gave me hope that I could navigate to factory reset, but the volume rocker navigation still isnt working.

Wutpear

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
After giving it some more time to dry out the phone started to work again. Some circuits were probs being crossed or something from the water inside (my best guess)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon