AT&T vs Verizon.. tired of waiting...

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So.. I'm at my limit... if VZW doesnt announce something this week.. I'm looking at the AT&T alternative.. and looking at the coverage maps.. there doesnt seem to be a ton of difference...

My question is... how real are the maps ? I mean.. its one thing to say town/city X has complete broadband coverage.. and another thing to actually be there and have service.. ?

Obviously there's the whole 4G/LTE debate.. as VZW traditionally moves alot faster than AT&T IMO.. but for the right now... I'm thinking I may be able to tolerate AT&T..

Anyone in a rural area of the west make the switch ? What did you find ??

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've never dropped a call with Verizon ever (I'm serious). At my house I've got a weak signal with AT&T and have dropped calls here and there. Data speeds seem the same or faster compared to Verizon. I would still say I'm happy with AT&T. All my friends have it so I never use minutes talking to them.

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere you probably don't have to worry what carrier you choose. You could always go to a store and ask how coverage is in your area. And see if you can try the service before you get locked in.

I feel your pain. I waited until February for Verizon to get a WP7 phone and finally got sick of the wait and jumped ship. The Focus was the phone I really wanted anyway so I'm happy.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Eh.. Sprint's coverage is lacking pretty badly here.. and I'm not just worried about right where I live.. because most of the carriers have decent coverage in town.. its when I travel around the state that is a problem.. their coverage is pretty spotty..

The other issue is I dont think I would switch for the 7 Pro... I dont really care for a keyboard at all :(

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
For me at&t doesn't have the coverage I need my parents live in a small town 5 miles from where I live and at&t has really spotty coverage there it dies 1 block before I get to my parents home

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching to T-Mobile (which may soon be ATT anyway). T-Mobile has better customer service, and the Venue Pro should be a great phone after Dell pushes out the firmware update. However, once me and my girl move in together we may both switch to Sprint.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes