Not available in stores?

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local Verizon store to check out the Trophy and was impressed by the demo unit so I decided to pick one up. Talked to the sales rep and they told me they didn't have any in stock but they could order one for me. I called another Verizon store to see if they had any available but they told me the same thing, that the phone is currently special order only. Anybody know why this would be the case?

Note: I'm in SE Michigan

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
my local best buy was telling me before the 19th, then on the 19th, and now this past monday, that they would be getting them today. Alas, they have not, and their system isn't telling them when they would.

so i don't think the 6/2 is necessarily a hard line. my local store had the droid x2 last thursday, for purchase, tho it wasn't slated for release until today (IIRC) :)

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
my local best buy was telling me before the 19th, then on the 19th, and now this past monday, that they would be getting them today. Alas, they have not, and their system isn't telling them when they would.

so i don't think the 6/2 is necessarily a hard line. my local store had the droid x2 last thursday, for purchase, tho it wasn't slated for release until today (IIRC) :)

I didn't feel like waiting (I'm not exactly known for my patience when it comes to getting new tech toys), so I came home and ordered it online. I'll be waiting for the FedEx truck to bring me my new phone tomorrow.

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't feel like waiting (I'm not exactly known for my patience when it comes to getting new tech toys), so I came home and ordered it online. I'll be waiting for the FedEx truck to bring me my new phone tomorrow.
me either! but alas, i have $280 in best buy gift cards ready & waiting, so need to get it there :(

zreddog

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I stopped by the Verizon company store yesterday 5/30/11 and was told they do not have a display unit and do not know anything about the phone coming to stores ever. I insited that they would have it on the 2nd and he said "well maybe, but I dont know anyting about that"

pretty ignorant actually and I will avoid any further contact with this idiot. and his name badge said he was a presidents award winner. that makes me laugh.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I stopped by the Verizon company store yesterday 5/30/11 and was told they do not have a display unit and do not know anything about the phone coming to stores ever. I insited that they would have it on the 2nd and he said "well maybe, but I dont know anyting about that"

pretty ignorant actually and I will avoid any further contact with this idiot. and his name badge said he was a presidents award winner. that makes me laugh.

I'm sure there has been little information on the release in the stores. We all had to take trainings, whether it was store employees or call center like I am, but no dates are ever mentioned in these trainings. I had the luxury of meeting with an HTC rep before the release so I knew the date earlier than most call center reps, but for the mass majority, they received a simple email telling them when it will be released. This was a very low key phone release

compurocker

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one for my wife on Saturday from Amazon Wireless for $100. Despite the fact that it said it was backordered and would ship in 8 days (it now says In stock, 24 hours), and despite the holiday on Monday, it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow but is actually out for delivery today. Not bad!

I've been waiting for this phone forever. So long in fact, that my new every two hits on June 15, so I'm going to wait a few weeks and get the extra discount. So jealous of my wife right now, and she made a point to rub my nose in it.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting mine off-contract, so the best price is at the Verizon stores. But I went to one today and they were clueless about it. Completely. June 2nd, huh? Yeah ... right ...

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting mine off-contract, so the best price is at the Verizon stores. But I went to one today and they were clueless about it. Completely. June 2nd, huh? Yeah ... right ...

Yeah, it sucks that the phone isn't available in more stores because that fact may keep WP7 from getting the exposure that it needs. Some people who may like the phone when they play with the demo model in the store may end up purchasing something else if they can't buy the Trophy then and there. I, too, bought mine off-contract so I ended up ordering it online. WP7 is a good OS as is, but should be pretty sweet once the Mango update is released.

tsquare2112

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on-line from Verizon Monday and received it Tuesday. I just checked my local bestbuy stores and 3 of the 4 have it in stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon