XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I went to my local Verizon store to check out the Trophy and was impressed by the demo unit so I decided to pick one up. Talked to the sales rep and they told me they didn't have any in stock but they could order one for me. I called another Verizon store to see if they had any available but they told me the same thing, that the phone is currently special order only. Anybody know why this would be the case?

    Note: I'm in SE Michigan
  2. Vallos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Stores will be receiving them on June 2nd, as per Verizon's press release.
  3. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
    Stores will be receiving them on June 2nd, as per Verizon's press release.
    Ah, guess it pays to read those things, eh?
  4. bc3tech's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    my local best buy was telling me before the 19th, then on the 19th, and now this past monday, that they would be getting them today. Alas, they have not, and their system isn't telling them when they would.

    so i don't think the 6/2 is necessarily a hard line. my local store had the droid x2 last thursday, for purchase, tho it wasn't slated for release until today (IIRC) :)
  5. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
    my local best buy was telling me before the 19th, then on the 19th, and now this past monday, that they would be getting them today. Alas, they have not, and their system isn't telling them when they would.

    so i don't think the 6/2 is necessarily a hard line. my local store had the droid x2 last thursday, for purchase, tho it wasn't slated for release until today (IIRC) :)
    I didn't feel like waiting (I'm not exactly known for my patience when it comes to getting new tech toys), so I came home and ordered it online. I'll be waiting for the FedEx truck to bring me my new phone tomorrow.
  6. bc3tech's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_313 View Post
    I didn't feel like waiting (I'm not exactly known for my patience when it comes to getting new tech toys), so I came home and ordered it online. I'll be waiting for the FedEx truck to bring me my new phone tomorrow.
    me either! but alas, i have $280 in best buy gift cards ready & waiting, so need to get it there :(
  7. zreddog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    I stopped by the Verizon company store yesterday 5/30/11 and was told they do not have a display unit and do not know anything about the phone coming to stores ever. I insited that they would have it on the 2nd and he said "well maybe, but I dont know anyting about that"

    pretty ignorant actually and I will avoid any further contact with this *****. and his name badge said he was a presidents award winner. that makes me laugh.
  8. Wireless Vet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by zreddog View Post
    I stopped by the Verizon company store yesterday 5/30/11 and was told they do not have a display unit and do not know anything about the phone coming to stores ever. I insited that they would have it on the 2nd and he said "well maybe, but I dont know anyting about that"

    pretty ignorant actually and I will avoid any further contact with this *****. and his name badge said he was a presidents award winner. that makes me laugh.

    I'm sure there has been little information on the release in the stores. We all had to take trainings, whether it was store employees or call center like I am, but no dates are ever mentioned in these trainings. I had the luxury of meeting with an HTC rep before the release so I knew the date earlier than most call center reps, but for the mass majority, they received a simple email telling them when it will be released. This was a very low key phone release
  9. theawddone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
    me either! but alas, i have $280 in best buy gift cards ready & waiting, so need to get it there :(
    You should be able to go order it at any Best Buy. They just don't keep them in stock and it will take 5-7 days to arrive.

    source: my best buy.
  10. bc3tech's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by theawddone View Post
    You should be able to go order it at any Best Buy. They just don't keep them in stock and it will take 5-7 days to arrive.

    source: my best buy.
    yeah I ordered mine from local bb Thurs evening. Got it today
  11. compurocker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    I ordered one for my wife on Saturday from Amazon Wireless for $100. Despite the fact that it said it was backordered and would ship in 8 days (it now says In stock, 24 hours), and despite the holiday on Monday, it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow but is actually out for delivery today. Not bad!

    I've been waiting for this phone forever. So long in fact, that my new every two hits on June 15, so I'm going to wait a few weeks and get the extra discount. So jealous of my wife right now, and she made a point to rub my nose in it.
  12. Tjarren's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    I'm getting mine off-contract, so the best price is at the Verizon stores. But I went to one today and they were clueless about it. Completely. June 2nd, huh? Yeah ... right ...
  13. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjarren View Post
    I'm getting mine off-contract, so the best price is at the Verizon stores. But I went to one today and they were clueless about it. Completely. June 2nd, huh? Yeah ... right ...
    Yeah, it sucks that the phone isn't available in more stores because that fact may keep WP7 from getting the exposure that it needs. Some people who may like the phone when they play with the demo model in the store may end up purchasing something else if they can't buy the Trophy then and there. I, too, bought mine off-contract so I ended up ordering it online. WP7 is a good OS as is, but should be pretty sweet once the Mango update is released.
  14. tsquare2112's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    I ordered mine on-line from Verizon Monday and received it Tuesday. I just checked my local bestbuy stores and 3 of the 4 have it in stock.

Posting Permissions