Gorilla Glass?

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
well, i say you take on the SLCD replacement on eBay that's been floated around here, then tell us all how it went! :)

I have not seen the eBay item, but I would think that is just the screen itself and wouldn't come with new glass. I could be wrong, I suppose.

PZ+WP7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
yeah, Trophy is NOT Gorilla glass... mine was scratched.
by mistake put my Trophy in a pocket with my keys... now I see that scratch ALL THE TIME!

waiting for Scratchless NOKIA!!

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I'm pretty sure Gorilla Glass doesn't make it impervious to scratches and breaking, just resistant to them. In other words, by comparison, a non-GG screen would have more scratches than a GG screen if put through the same thing. People have scratched and shattered their iPhones' GG as well as Android devices using GG. We're not dealing with clear adamantium here. :rolleyes:

I'd say, if you don't have a good insurance plan (i.e., low payments and low/no deductible), take good care of your phone and protect it no matter how resilient the materials may be.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah for sure , my bud has a iphone 4g , with GG on it and he dropped it flat on the ground and it broke his screen in 4 places . sooo ... sure it helps but doesn’t expect miracles

my keys and Zipo ALWASY scrash my phone , GG or not .... GG just help a LITTLE more then normal.

get an Ishiled... yeah a *I* shiled , but they the best.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it has the official brand Gorilla Glass, but it does have similiar scratch-resistant properties. Still no scratches and I've accidently subjected it to keys several times that have scratched screens of previous phones badly. I am happy with the scratch-resistant properties of the screen.

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm fairly certain the iphone 4 doesn't have gorilla glass. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember hearing that it wasn't and that it is suppose to be similar.

Saw an iPhone 4 with the entire screen shattered off of a single 5'3 at most the other day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss