Any delivery horror stories?

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who ordered the phone on Thursday (some at midnight), or otherwise have ordered the phone online/telesales to be delivered (instead of picking it up in store), what has your experience been with Fedex? If you picked Overnight delivery on Thursday, were you able to get it Friday??

I'll share mine: I ordered the phone on Thursday afternoon, and by 3PM I had received my tracking number. Immediately I called 1-800-Go-Fedex to ask if the package required signature confirmation, and was told by an agent that it didn't require that. Hm. Okay, so I woke up today, and kept refreshing the fedex package to see the status of it, and around mid-morning I saw "DELIVERY EXCEPTION: Customer not available or business closed".

I once again called customer service and was told a second time that they did not require signature confirmation, and they said they were going to have the warehouse call me and see if they could reschedule. So they took down my phone number, and about half an hour later, I receive a call from the warehouse and they said that they couldnt leave the package there because a signature was required. o_0 WTF!

During this time I was away at work, which is 80 miles away from home (where I had it delivered), meaning it wasn't easy for me to quickly just go home and wait for the truck to come. So they call me back and they say that the courier would be back at 2:20-2:40pm. So immediately I left work and sped on the freeway to be able to get home in time to pick up my trophy. Being a Friday before a long weekend, though, traffic didn't allow me to get there in time, so my next option was to go to the warehouse after 6PM (but before 7:30PM), and pick it up there.

Basically then I had to rearrange my whole day because I was LIED to TWICE by Fedex about the signature requirement of my package. Had I known from the beginning that a signature WAS required, I would have either left my signature at the door, or arranged to have it delivered to a Fedex/Kinkos office and picked it up after work, no problem.

Luckily I was able to get to the warehouse at 7:23pm, and currently my Trophy is hooked up to the computer, syncing all my music/pictures. I am quite happy with it, and have got a lot to say, both good and so-so, about it. But that's another thread.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had the same experience with a phone a few years ago when I got to the FedEx hub that night I filled out the paperwork that allows the driver to leave the package without a signature. The next day I went to UPS and filled out the equivalent documents I don't ever want to go through that again.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same experience with a phone a few years ago when I got to the FedEx hub that night I filled out the paperwork that allows the driver to leave the package without a signature. The next day I went to UPS and filled out the equivalent documents I don't ever want to go through that again.

i've done the same with fedex (i did it online though), UPS never seems to wait to get my signature though, by the time i make it to the door, they're driving away...

i wish verizon used ups instead of fedex.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this topic couldn't be more relevant...Here's my ongoing saga:

I called and ordered my Trophy on Wednesday at around 2:00 PM. I confirmed my order with the Verizon sales rep on the phone and accepted the terms and conditions. I was told by the rep that I would receive my phone on Friday. I was told I would receive confirmation/tracking information shortly. Naturally, I was excited.

Two hours later and no confirmation. I called Verizon back to see what was going on. Apparently, upgrades done over the phone require manager approval and that I'd receive notification soon. I was assured by the rep that the phone would still ship and arrive Friday, and that I had nothing to worry about. I requested Friday off of work to sign for the package, using a day of vacation time. It didn't matter - I was going to get my phone.

Four hours later and no confirmation. I called back and was told that it could take up to 24 hours for confirmation, but the package had shipped. I was a bit miffed - would the phone arrive Friday as discussed? I took a day off for this. The rep promised me that it would arrive, so I uneasily hung up and went on with my evening.

The next morning, I received confirmation - the order had shipped Thursday morning, not Wednesday as I was told and would arrive TUESDAY. I called Verizon and asked them what was going on. I told them I took a day off work, and that I was promised my phone would arrive Friday. I told them that they needed to ensure that I would have my phone Friday, not Tuesday. The rep (after around 30 mins of complaining and threatening to escalate) told me they would call FEDEX and request overnight delivery. I received a call back (which went to my voicemail) from this rep around 10 mins later CONFIRMING that shipping was overnight, telling me what the charge was, and that it would arrive Friday AM. I was pretty happy as I'd be getting my phone when promised.

Later Thursday night, another rep called me and asked if I was satisfied with their actions. I said I would be as long as the phone came in Friday morning, but would not be pleased if I burned a day of vacation time and the phone didn't come. She assured me it would come, and said to call back if for some reason it didn't. "We will make it right" she told me.

Friday morning rolls around, I woke up early to be sure I didn't miss my package. As time slips by, I begin to feel uneasy. I took the tracking number given to me and checked the tracking info on FEDEX - no information can be found. I called FEDEX and asked what the status of my package was. The FEDEX rep told me that there was no way it could arrive Friday and that it would arrive Tuesday. He said that Verizon should have known better. I was pissed.

I called Verizon back and got on the phone with a nice lady who understood my frustration. I explained the whole ordeal, and she asked if I wanted 150 bonus mins on my account as an apology. No, I don't want mins, I want my phone as promised. I proposed the idea that she could call a local Verizon store and tell them to let me pick up my phone and that I'd return mine when it arrived via FEDEX. She said she couldn't but offered me $20 credit on my bill. Not going to cut it. I said I wanted to speak to a supervisor, and she said someone would call me back in 5-10 mins.

The supervisor called back and...the call went right to my voicemail. Great. The supervisor informed me that they weren't going to do anything about it, tough luck wait until Tuesday. I was livid, but called back calmly to get another supervisor on the line. This wasn't "making it right"

I called back and got a rep named Stephanie. She was immediately hostile when I told the story (politely mind you), and wow what do you know? The call drops.

I called back again and spoke to another rep. I explained my predicament again. I'll save the details on this hour long call, but the highlights included refusing to put me through to a supervisor, calling me a liar (the exact words were "I'm not outright calling you a liar") and saying that all I'd lost was a little time (so basically, my vacation time Friday and now Tuesday don't mean a thing). She told me that it wasn't Verizon's fault or responsibility, it was on FEDEX. I said it wasn't, it was on Verizon. She said once a package leaves their factory, it becomes FEDEX problem. I just laughed and said "so if I paid my bill with a check, and put it in the mail and the post office lost it, you would still hold me responsible. I don't get out of paying do I, or my responsibility". She refused to answer, basically just ignored me. I asked to speak to a supervisor around 5 times, and was told that every supervisor was "in a meeting." All at the same time. Hmm. She said she'd email one and they'd call me back at their convenience. I said no, they'll call me back tonight and she said that she'd make sure it happened.

No supervisor called that night. I sent an email to the Pacific Northwest Regional President explaining the whole ordeal in great detail. I have not received a reply over 24 hours later. I have still not heard back from a supervisor. Basically, they're not doing anything to make this right for me. I will be writing the entire executive board detailing my experience if I don't hear back from anyone by COB Tuesday. Yes, I'll have my phone Tuesday but this is the worst experience I've ever had with any form of customer "service". It's a joke, truly pathetic. I'm going to have wasted two days of vacation time for nothing. There's a lot more detail to the story, but my fingers would probably go raw writing it all.

Anyway, there's my ongoing horror story.

Last edited:

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Jeese... suckage!

I'm having mine delivered to school where I spend the bulk of my day (I have a cubicle and am a grad student). The front desk should be able to sign, otherwise I'd have to go through a similar *Go to the warehouse* BS...

I'll let you guys know if things get messed up though, ;)

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
WOW.. and I thought I had it bad.. part of my issue is the same thing, Verizon screwing up the order and not checking the "Request Saturday Delivery" box.
I asked one rep, "You know the Lethal Weapon movies?" "Yeah" "Remember the Joe Pesi and Chris Rock line?" "yeah" "That's what your doing to me, your "Pesi'ing" me!"
That got a chuckle and an apology "we don't want to make you feel like that." Offered me the 150 free minutes, I don't use all the minutes I pay for, 150 extra is no good to me. Offered me free voice minutes next month.. ok. So I figure, I will use the $60 to get an extended battery. :)

brandonx1000

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this topic couldn't be more relevant...Here's my ongoing saga:

i personally dont understand why people think they can order a device a day before releasing to the public. the phone became available thursday morning, which is when your phone shipped. i ordered mine thursday morning, 6am with free 2 day shipping, and got it next day.

next time, just wait until the phone is actually available for order and select the shipping yourself. i think you blew this way out of proportion with customer service...and remember, it's just a phone. after having it for a few weeks, you will forget about all of this and follow your day to day routine with it like you do now.

sit back, relax, and wait for your phone to arrive.

jdelroyc

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually it has more to do with Verizon misleading me and wasting 2 days of my vacation time than the phone...and refusing to take responsibility for anything.

brandonx1000

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually it has more to do with Verizon misleading me and wasting 2 days of my vacation time than the phone...and refusing to take responsibility for anything.

why take a vacation day? i had mine delivered to work, and i didn't activate it until i got home that night

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
How's this for a horror story.

I check from work and that UPS has left my trophy on my door step. I rush home and there's no package. Now I've gotta figure out where the **** the thing went.

UPDATE:I contacted UPS who had me contact Amazon. Amazon wanted me to go to the police station and fill out a report. When the GF got home we discussed it and agreed it seemed to soon for that. Called UPS again and they directed us to Amazon again, we made a fuss and they contacted the driver. He has the package still and no idea why it tracks as arrived. So I should be getting it sometime in the next 3 hours. Yay!

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
How's this for a horror story.

I check from work and that UPS has left my trophy on my door step. I rush home and there's no package. Now I've gotta figure out where the **** the thing went.

UPDATE:I contacted UPS who had me contact Amazon. Amazon wanted me to go to the police station and fill out a report. When the GF got home we discussed it and agreed it seemed to soon for that. Called UPS again and they directed us to Amazon again, we made a fuss and they contacted the driver. He has the package still and no idea why it tracks as arrived. So I should be getting it sometime in the next 3 hours. Yay!

that's more of a non-delivery-reported-as-delivered horror story. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss