Hows the battery life?

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I made the decision to sell my Iphone and get the Trophy. Should be hear Wed. I was just wondering anyone that has been using it hows the battery life?

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't calculated the hours, but it seems to be lasting me almost all day, I've had to throw it on the charger later at night for 30 minutes or so, way better than Android for me but not quite as good as iPhone 4. either way its a sweet phone haha

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had the phone since Friday and I've spent a decent amount of time fiddling with it since it's a new OS for me. While I don't think that the battery life is quite as good as that of the iPhone (I sold mine to get the Trophy), I'd say it's definitely respectable and much better than that of Android. I haven't really had any problem making it through the day on a single charge.

sconk

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I got mine Friday too; my wife and I both and we like them. I wonder if the extended battery is good; I odn't like idea of making the device bulkier though.

brandonx1000

May 26, 2011
Visit site
ive been using the web, streaming netflix, and doing facebook on and off today and i easily got through it with over 50% battery

im pleased with this phone's measly 1300 battery

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'm too cause I might get one if this one doesn't last me thru a work day, we shall see, 45 isnot a bad price

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a mugen 1800 mah extended battery, uses stock battery door.
Do you really think someone can make a battery with 500mAh more capacity (38% more), and keep it the same size (stock battery door). Good luck with that.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you really think someone can make a battery with 500mAh more capacity (38% more), and keep it the same size (stock battery door). Good luck with that.

No offense, but is there a reason you seem to pop into all of these threads with such negative responses like telling people they'll just be wasting their money? I had an extended life battery that was the same size as the stock battery and delivered on its promises. Just because you don't believe it'll provide any extra battery life doesn't mean it's a scam.

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
today's my first full day on the phone. i charged it as i used it last night setting it up, left it on my nightstand unplugged overnight (on standby), and took it to work this morning w/o the charging cable.

we'll see how this goes! :)

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
sko have you got the battery yet? If so how's it working out for you. I work in a building that seems to suck the life out of any cellphone I've had and my battery only seems to last about 9 hours but when I don't work it last a lot longer. I watched a couple shows of Numb3rs and it still had over 50% battery but when I take it to work and text a couple times my phone's almost dead. Well just let us know how it goes. Thanks

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No offense, but is there a reason you seem to pop into all of these threads with such negative responses like telling people they'll just be wasting their money? I had an extended life battery that was the same size as the stock battery and delivered on its promises. Just because you don't believe it'll provide any extra battery life doesn't mean it's a scam.
Ok, I apologize and promise to keep my mouth shut regarding batteries. You go on believing that you can use your stock phone for 15 hours a day with 3G, WiFi, browsing, email, YouTube and phone calls and only burning up 13% of the charge. And keep buying those $5 cell phone batteries on eBay or those extended batteries filled with fairy dust (or plutonium maybe). I have read enough on the subject and been burned enough times to know better, but I guess everyone needs to learn on their own.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I apologize and promise to keep my mouth shut regarding batteries. You go on believing that you can use your stock phone for 15 hours a day with 3G, WiFi, browsing, email, YouTube and phone calls and only burning up 13% of the charge. And keep buying those $5 cell phone batteries on eBay or those extended batteries filled with fairy dust (or plutonium maybe). I have read enough on the subject and been burned enough times to know better, but I guess everyone needs to learn on their own.

I'm not saying that all extended batteries (especially those $5 batteries you mentioned) are of great quality, but insisting that all of them are crap is just ridiculous. Seidio has been known to make decent batteries, and it was their product that I used in my Incredible. My advice for you is to find whoever pissed in your cornflakes and take your aggression out on them, and not everybody on here who is looking for help with their device. There's a tactful way to offer your advice and the method you're currently using just isn't it. Offer some information to back up your opinion rather than attacking people and treating them like idiots with your talk of fairy dust and plutonium.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My advice for you is to find whoever pissed in your cornflakes and take your aggression out on them, and not everybody on here who is looking for help with their device. There's a tactful way to offer your advice and the method you're currently using just isn't it. Offer some information to back up your opinion rather than attacking people and treating them like idiots with your talk of fairy dust and plutonium.
Didn't think I was attacking anyone personally, and that was not my intention. But if so, I apologize once again if I offended anyone. Btw, I have also used Seidio and HTC extended batteries, for me both with replacement battery doors, and they work as advertised. Peace.

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Well all I know is it is a Mugen and they are pretty reputable, checked out a few threads on android forums and those guys seems to be all over them.

Also I recently purchased a Seido 1350 or whatever for my Pre that was the stock size (originally 1100 I believe) and it was working like gang busters!! Only thing was it didn't make my phone any faster or more awesome it just wouldn't run out of battery, ahaha...

Anyways, I originally ordered my battery on e-bay, the seller's inventory ran out and he had to cancel. So I ordered direct from Mugen, will ship on June 6th, then I'll get it a week or two after that since the free shipping option was to have it flight wright bros across asia the atlantic across the US and then to Oregon... so whatever. It was $50, not $5, I think you get what you pay for with these guys, so I'm confident it will be a really nice pick up.

Another note, these batterys do require 3 or 4 cycles of being sucked dry, then fully charged before they start to work as advertised, it was true with my seido, and the guys on the android forums confirmed this. One guy was starting to have doubts after his 3rd cycle, then his battery started lasting forever and he ate his words.

Soooo... Yah. I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase, screw a bulging crappy extended battery back.

kwit01

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would ask this here instead of starting a new thread. Hopefully it gets noticed:

I am getting HORRIBLE battery life. I admit I have only had the phone for three days. It's been off the charger today for about 3 hours (took it off at 7:30, it's now 10:30) and it's gone through more than 50% (judging by the battery indicator). Yesterday, by 4 PM I was getting the red blinking light that it was crying for the charger.

I don't use the phone that much. Today for example has been ALL web browsing and download of 2 apps. Maybe 45 minutes top on usage? Half of that usage has been on Wifi. I have Weatherbug live tile and that's the only third party live tile.

Is this normal? I've tried Android phones that didn't die this fast (I've tried Thunderbolt and Droid 2). Have I not given the battery enough time to "condition" or whatever? Should I call Verizon and ask for a new phone or battery? I know the battery is only a 1300ma, but this seems ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05