Can anyone recommend a good protective case?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The incipio looks very nice. Very similar to the Barely There. Had I seen that one, I would have considered it indeed. Looking forward to the pictures.

snohman

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Apologies for the low-res images but took it with another camera phone and didn't save the high-res versions down.

I wanted a case that would protect it from scratches on the sides and back which is exactly what the Incipio Feather case does. If you are looking for a case that covers all corners and surfaces, this case is not for you.

The case itself is a single piece that snaps on very easily and securely to the back and covers the entire back and sides of the phone. However, it does not provide any protection to the top or bottom sides of the phone. The material itself is a little bit more flimsy than I had anticipated but still feels sturdy enough to protect it from accidental scuffs and a small drop. The grip itself on the case feels very good, and is a sort of matte finish that does not show fingerprints. I did have some trouble getting adjusted to pressing the volume rocker and it does miss sometimes due to the case, but nothing that I cannot live with. The case tried to adjust for this by not covering a small section of the back where the volume rocker flows into, and it works well enough.

Not really used to giving out any sort of in-depth reviews on this - it does what I need for the purpose I wanted it to do. Feel like its not there while providing some minor protection - although I think the price is a bit high at $25. Case comes with a screen protector (did not use) and a microfiber cloth. Definitely looks good though as if its not there so I am 4/5 satisfied withthe purchase. Feel free to ask any questions.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I got one of the feather light cases at the Microsoft store. It was $25 and it's really not a very good case for the price. I wish Otterbox would make one.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I opted for the Silicyric case, should be there on Thursday. Black/Black I would like the feather light case which I may get as well when I don't need the extra padding.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes please post a link and photo's if you have them. My incipio case is coming tomorrow and would prefer a holster style. Usually Verizon has a case/holster combo for every phone they sell at launch yet the cases offered for the trophy at Verizon online are terrible. Is this just a filler phone they don't plan on keeping long or am I missing something?

GadgetTron

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Its the Technocel case. MicrosoftStore.com doesnt appear to have it online, yet. They were very new to the stores so I would assume that they will show up online sometime soon.

Hey gang, if you havent seen them yet I thought i'd let you know that the case I have on my Trophy is now on the Microsoft Store website.

Original (same color as phone):
Microsoft Store Online - Technocel Soft Touch Accent Shield for HTC Trophy
Clear:
Microsoft Store Online - Technocel Accent Shield for HTC HD7
Glossy Black:
Microsoft Store Online - Technocel Slider Skin for HTC Trophy

Hope this helps!

Verizon Hopeful

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I have actually been using the HTC Messenger case I originally bought for my Touch Pro 2. I bought it from the WPCentral store for $17.95 plus tax, S&H, etc. It provides a lot of protection and a way to hook it to my belt (without looking too nerdy).

I noticed that WPCentral is selling a HTC Messenger case for the Arrive, so you may be able to buy that as well. The dimensions on the Arrive, Trophy and Touch Pro 2 are all very similar, with the Trophy being 0.1" wider than the Arrive and 0.14" thinner than the Arrive. Thus the Arrive HTC Messenger case should fit.

Try it out and let us know what you think.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
There are about 6 Verizon stores in my general area and not one of them has a case for the trophy, let alone the trophy itself. I shopped Amazon and eBay and went through 2 cheap cases before I got a semi-decent expensive one. Its called Incipio silacrylic case..its not bad but I don't know why Bodyglove doesn't make one for the trophy. Ive used their cases before and they're excellent.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought two of them, one for me (black/black) and one for my fiancee (pink/gray). We went through a few of the normal cheapy ebay cases, and found some that fit tightly and securely, but the quality of the material was not reassuring. I found good deals on the silicrylics (17.99 for the black, and 22.95 for the pink), and we are very happy with them. They fit tightly, and look like they would provide good protection though neither of us have actually dropped them yet. We find that the buttons are easier to push now as well, especially the lock/unlock top button. One drawback is they do pick up lint. It's not a problem for her as she keeps hers in her purse, but mine in my pocket shows lint pretty easily, even more so because it is black. Overall I would highly recommend the Incipio Silicrylic to anyone.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine's black/black too and overall it fits tightly except the rubber part is loose where the volume buttons are. That's where there's a gap in the plastic backing to allow for the volume buttons. Its easily liftable with my thumb and allows for dust and dirt to get under that one part. Yours fits tightly all around?

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You can get your thumb under there, or at the bottom of the screen where it is all rubber. I don't think that is really an issue, but it is worth mentioning if someone is looking for something that keeps everything out.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I went with the CaseMate barely There as well. LOVE it. I think it would protect against any damage to the back/sides/top/bottom for 95% of drops. You would have to drop it in a very specific way for it to damage the exposed parts on top and bottom... usually the edge would take the damage. I got mine on eBay here with no problems:
Case-Mate Barely There Slim Case for HTC Trophy - Black | eBay

Then I added a Stealth Shieldz screen protector... works great. Give it time to adhere properly to the screen and it is pretty much invisible, and feels less rubbery than the Zaggs. Got mine from Amazon:
Amazon.com: 2-Pack Stealth Shieldz? HTC 7 TROPHY Screen Protector LIFETIME WARRANTY (Ultra CLEAR)(Stealth Shieldz? Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

The combo of these two is good protection for handling the phone. Then when I stick it in my pocket I have HTC's "Messenger Pouch" case from here:
Amazon.com: HTC Messenger Pouch for HTC Desire: Cell Phones & Accessories

Heavy duty protection and snug. Almost too snug at first, but molded itself to the phone and case over time and now fits PERFECT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa