Couple questions with Trophy and Mango beta

v3rn

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Alright, just got my Trophy yesterday after being an Android die hard. I thought I would give WP7 a test ride until another Android phone came out that I liked. But so far, I have to say that I may end up sticking with WP7. I'm loving everything about it, except all the bing integration. Would love to be able to use Google and have a real Google maps app with free navigation. But anyways, I wanted to get Mango on my Trophy.

Is there some sort of walkthrough or something that can shop me how to install it? Are there any negative side effects of installing Mango? I know that I will need to restore to NoDo before the official Mango update comes out, but other than that is there anything bad with using the beta? Will I keep getting Mango beta updates until the release version is out? I want to make sure I keep having the latest version of the beta.

Thanks for any help!

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Want to give this a try have a trophy coming hopefully tomorrow after I don't know how many android phones time for me to give wp7 a try but don't know if I will stick with the trophy or go with a newer device. Just want to make sure I can get it back to nodo if I don't like the phone

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Aximtreo do you have visual voicemail on your build? Cause when I did the same download and checked through the build that's the one feature that I found missing.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Aximtreo do you have visual voicemail on your build? Cause when I did the same download and checked through the build that's the one feature that I found missing.

No, it's not there but I saw somewhere in the past week or so that it will be in the RTM release.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Visual voicemail is dictated by the carrier, so it's in there. But I believe T-Mobile (USA) is the only carrier currently supporting it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Going to give this a shot tomorrow after a few hours of use I've decided I want to keep this Microsoft did alot of things right with wp

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Glad to hear it. Over the past 7 months, I have gone from Trophy to Android to Trophy and now I'm staying as well.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah i went from Moto Droid to Samsung fascinate to Motorola Droid X to HTC Trophy and there is no comparing. WP7 is much better then Android. The only thing android has that I prefer is Google maps/Navigation is better then Bing maps/nav. Honestly if the Bing Navigation was actually turn by turn navigation and told me when to turn and everything instead of the stupid tap to hear thing that it is currently then I would be 100% satisfied with it. Can't wait to see that or Nokia come up with something.

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat I went from a d1 tod2 fascinate incredible 2 then to a g2x and none of those phones have preformed as well as this with as few bugs I can't wait for Nokia or the rev2 phones with the next Gen snapdragon processor.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My trophy came in today and it has really impressed me. The one I played with in the store isn't near as fast and smooth as the one I have. I've found some things I don't care for that mango should fix, but overall this phone and windows 7 are the real deal.

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Followed the instructions and keep getting an error message about unknown Uri I may just give up for the day and figure out what I'm doing wrong

v3rn

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok couple more questions. If I follow those directions in the video, will I continue to get updates to the beta? Or will I have to redo this each time a new build is released?

And the biggest problem with doing this is that I will lose all my game saves and app info, correct? And then I'll lose it all again when I finally flash back to NoDo and install the release version?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Followed the instructions and keep getting an error message about unknown Uri I may just give up for the day and figure out what I'm doing wrong

Did you run as administrator? If you did, don't. Just double click and the errors should go away. Let me know if it works.:cool:

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes i did but i think it was the computer changed out to my old Vista machine and it worked just have to do the second update to get mango

v3rn

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I ran Mango for a day and just flashed back to NoDo. The changes were awesome, but without app support, there really isn't a huge reason to use it over NoDo. So I'd rather have all my info saved then have the few benefits of Mango without app support.

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm running it now and really happy with mango once the app support comes It will be great but just the ability to quickly jump between task is a big thing i was missing and one of the reasons i held off on getting this phone for so long

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
The Trophy running Mango is a real treat. I'm running the 7712 build and loving it. I won't be rolling back to another build until VZW finally releases their blessed version.

When you get a chance, pair a WP7 with Ford Sync, you're in for a treat. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon