Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Just curious to see if anyone is going for it. I'm on the knife's edge and I just want to know if anyone else has done it with success

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Just got finished. No sweat. Working great!

I won't update my wife's though. I would rather she stayed on the straight and narrow. She really loves her WP7 versus the Androids we had before. So I want to keep it that way.hehe

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of doing it, but the problem I have is that I use a mac. I have a Windows partition but I rarely use it, so I don't have the requisite 20 GB of free space on the partition. Trying to decide if I really want to play with resizing the partition using a live cd.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I'm very tempted, but rooting my droid and using custom roms has me paranoid about hacking a phone again.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    I'm thinking of doing it, but the problem I have is that I use a mac. I have a Windows partition but I rarely use it, so I don't have the requisite 20 GB of free space on the partition. Trying to decide if I really want to play with resizing the partition using a live cd.
    Ash, if you have a Trophy with the standard 16GB, you're fine. If you want to make the backup go faster and save space, just remove all the music\video from your phone before you backup. Apps and the rest don't really take up all that much room.

Personally, I'm going to hold off until the carrier release. 7712 has been just fine for me.
    Garth H
    Santa Clara, CA
    Nokia Lumia Icon on VZW (personal)
    HTC 8X (work phone also on VZW)

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webdev511 View Post
    Ash, if you have a Trophy with the standard 16GB, you're fine. If you want to make the backup go faster and save space, just remove all the music\video from your phone before you backup. Apps and the rest don't really take up all that much room.

Personally, I'm going to hold off until the carrier release. 7712 has been just fine for me.
    Thanks, that's actually what I ended up doing. I knew I didn't care if all of that was included on my backup so I deleted it all and it made it go much faster. The longest part was waiting for it to go from 7704 to 7712, but everything is done now and it works great.

Global Posts
    1,067 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Just finished and it's really smooth. So many things to learn.

While doing these upgrades from Nodo to Beta 1 to Beta 2 to 7720 I never had to reset my phone nor did I loose any data or programs. Having used Android for 2 years, I would constantly have to do a power down and up just to keep it running. What a **** of an OS.

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    The only real issue I've had so far was having to reinstall Engadget. For some reason every time I started the app I'd have to agree to the terms and conditions again (even after a reboot). After uninstalling and reinstalling it works great. Loving me some custom ringtones finally.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
    Just finished and it's really smooth. So many things to learn.

While doing these upgrades from Nodo to Beta 1 to Beta 2 to 7720 I never had to reset my phone nor did I loose any data or programs. Having used Android for 2 years, I would constantly have to do a power down and up just to keep it running. What a **** of an OS.
    yup, I just came from android...It is the worst os ever, I hate it

I've gone to 7720. When I installed the beta all the htc ringtones got removed, but after going to 7720 zune notified that there was an update from htc to install so they are all back now.

Can't see any difference between this and the beta, but it's nice to have the "proper" version.

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    I am so close to doing it just a little worried I'll destroy the perfect phone I have now. Before the trophy I had an imagio and it was the biggest pile I've ever seen or touched. I am not wanting to go back to having a messed up phone. But my question for those that have done it is how long does it take to do it?

I put 7712 on last week. No issues. Took over an hour.
    I put 7720 on today. It only took about 15 mins.

Great so far.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    I dev unlocked and debranded my AT&T Focus last night and instantly got 7392.

Now all I can think about is whether I should update to build 7720 or 7712. Which one offers a clean update to the final Mango release? :)

7720 is the final RTM release to market build,

I've had it installed for about a week or so. Runs super smooth, no issues yet. I had some issues with Mango Beta 2, none with 7712 so far, none with 7720 thus far!

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    @SingeDebile

Thanks for the reply. I think I read somewhere that even though we're running the 7720 RTM build, OEMs will push their own updates tailored to each phone... Did I misinterpret that or..?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have been running it for about a week and it is perfect. Haven't had any issues and there are a lot of pretty sweet new additions.

My favorite thing coming from Android is that everything works perfectly and when there is a software update you actually notice new features. With Android they all have the exact same features except maybe a minor UI tweek.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have loaded it on my VZW Trophy and it is running great.

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    running it here ( was very scared to take the plunge, but it was SUPER easy) coming from ios and android I am very suprised how polished this os is compared to android, it in my opinion is head and shoulders above that os.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justop26 View Post
    @SingeDebile

Thanks for the reply. I think I read somewhere that even though we're running the 7720 RTM build, OEMs will push their own updates tailored to each phone... Did I misinterpret that or..?
    You didn't hear incorrectly. carrier builds will be 7720 + something. They'll all be a little different.
    Garth H
    Santa Clara, CA
    Nokia Lumia Icon on VZW (personal)
    HTC 8X (work phone also on VZW)

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webdev511 View Post
    You didn't hear incorrectly. carrier builds will be 7720 + something. They'll all be a little different.
    I think I discovered why. My HTC Arrive has been acting a little whacky with bluetooth in my car. For example, saying our address book has been sync'd when it hasn't been.

So there may be some whackiness per device that will be fixed with the carrier-specific updates.

Always drive me crazy when I find a thread like this and there isn't a link to the goods :) So here it goes. The knucklehead's guide to installing Mango:

Noob frendly MANGO update - xda-developers
    webOS Refugee. Now a Windows Phone 7 (HTC Arrive) refugee and an Android escapee (evo 3d) back on my original Pre for now. Looking forward to a killer device on ATT so I can dump Sprint and get back into the WP7.5 world.

If you are a fellow webOS refugee, visit this thread for some getting started tips.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...ion/180046.htm

Global Posts
    5,212 Global Posts
    I just ordered my HTC Trophy from Verizon online $49 is not a bad price. Quick question on where the update to 7720 is on XDA, I checked the development section but wasn't quite sure which link.

Upgraded on my Trophy to RTM.. .and not looking back, to the point where i'll wonder what the point will be to getting the "official" verizon version

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Just did it yesterday, I was happy with it before. Now I'm just in love with it! I just wish they would release Spotify...

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Global Posts
    5,212 Global Posts
    I would really like to use my free spotify invite I got when from Motorola when I had the Droid 3 which of course was replaced by my Trophy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast