I love this phone!!

lherch

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've said this before about other phones on other forums, but this time I really mean it!! I bought my Trophy on the 30th and I could not be happier!!

I've had every smartphone out there. BlackBerry 957, 6230, 7230, 7750, BlackBerry Pearl, Samsung Omnia 1, BlackBerry STORM, BlackBerry Curve, and back to my BlackBerry Strom; Droid 1; Eris; Droid X; Samsung Fascinate; i*hone; HTC Thunderbolt; Incredible 2; BlackBerry 9930, *phone 32GB again and now the HTC Trophy and this is by far the best phone so far.

On all my phones I've upgraded to the lastest OS leaks for the BlackBerrys, jailbroke the *phone (what a waste of 15 minutes), rooted all the Droids and still wasn't happy with any of them, something was missing and now I know what it was. Simplicity. I just wanted a phone that worked with a great signal and without a million menus to go through and didn't look like a clone of something else. Even had the WP 7 Theme installed on all my Droids, but since it was a Droid underneath it just didn't work like I wanted.

I just finished changing my SD card to 32GB and it works like a champ. Found covers that look and fit great at Amazon for cheap and now I'm a happy happy camper!!!!

Like others have said Verizon does push the Droids and the *phone and they were very confused when I came in to purchase the Trophy at full price . Tried to talk me into anything but this phone. Crazy people!!!!

Sorry about the long post, but I hope this helps someone who is on the fence about purchasing.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Love??? But you just met. Love takes time to develop, familiarity. No, what you feel now is infatuation. I was there too. 3 weeks later, I really fell for her hard. Real hard. But they say if you really want to take the relationship to the next level, take a trip and see if you can still stand her. Well I did. 2 weeks. And that's when I realized that I loved her, I needed her, and despiter her flaws, we were right for one another.

Man I need a woman ...

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
After seeing all these posts, I get more and more convinced that we WP7 users are truly the most satisfied with our phones! :)

Congrats on the new Trophy :)

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Anyone want to buy a used Droid X, $170 shipped to 48 US States.

I have just put Mango RTM on my Trophy and I'm in love. When it hit me just how much I was in love with this phone, it scared me. Man I need a woman also.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a great signal with mine but it is still an awesome phone. A zunepass takes it to the next level.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I love my trophy. I actually sold my Verizon iPhone to get the trophy and I never looked back. I just wish Verizon would give people more windows 7 phones to choose from. It is a great os.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say I love my phone at the moment, but I definitely enjoy the ease of use that the OS provides. I will be much happier with it once Mango is officially released. I've had the iPhone, BlackBerries, and many Android phones in the past and this one just works. I really wish it would catch on with more people so that the makers of an app I use for work would put out a WP7 version.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Once more people start playing with WP7 they'll realize how much easier it is to use than BlackBerry and Android. It'll be tough to tap into the iPhone market unless they offer some kind of trade in program for WP7.

lherch

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Love??? But you just met. Love takes time to develop, familiarity. No, what you feel now is infatuation. I was there too. 3 weeks later, I really fell for her hard. Real hard. But they say if you really want to take the relationship to the next level, take a trip and see if you can still stand her. Well I did. 2 weeks. And that's when I realized that I loved her, I needed her, and despiter her flaws, we were right for one another.

Man I need a woman ...

You crack me up!!! I am a woman by the way and still love my phone!!!

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here have a Trophy who originally used a Focus? How do the two compare?

The focus has a better screen and is a bit bigger in hand, but IMHO the Trophy feels better in hand. The specs don't jump out at anyone, but it's far better than its specs.

Oh and the fact that it's on Verizon means I can actually make calls with it in the SF Bay Area.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I like my Trophy alright.. but you CANNOT compare it to the Focus.. OMG ! That screen on the Focus is to DIE FOR ! :(

I try not to use the Focus too much.. cause I MISS that screen !

Speaking of which.. I need to get Mango RTM on the Sammy !

SingeDebile

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Im a big fan of the size of the Trophy, I really cant justify something bigger... and by the way stop waiting for Mango... the verizon Trophy ROM is right there for you to download, thats what they will release when they feel like it.. .exactly the same one

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I love my trophy. I actually sold my Verizon iPhone to get the trophy and I never looked back. I just wish Verizon would give people more windows 7 phones to choose from. It is a great os.

I did the same. Traded a Droid Pro, and bought Trophy for full price. No regrets whatsoever. Hoping that VZW will have new WP devices (hello, Nokia?) by the time I have upgrade. Mind you, I love love love this phone and have no need to change it anytime soon, but like others have said here, it would be nice to have some device options with VZW. Beyond being great for those of us who already know and love WP, it would make it harder for VZW to bury the lonely WP device in one corner. More devices = more visibility for WPOS, and every bit helps. I would be devastated if this OS evaporated...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077