Loud Speaker Failing

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with the loud speaker (sounds blown out) on their HTC device? I have the HTC Trophy and already had to return one under warranty for replacement and now my replacement is failing also. I don't use the loud speaker for anything but the ringer and text and email alerts. Both phones sounded the exact same way when the speaker failed, it got really crackly and sounds like the speaker is vibrating or loose. Not sure if this is a manufacturing problem or what?!? I am very gentle on my phone, not sure why I've had two fail on me now. Anyone else?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I take very good care of my Arrive but I am now on my 6 Phone/ Speaker replacement. I have gotten either a new arrive or a new speaker once a month sense I got the device. I have tried everything I can think of to protect the speaker but nothing I have tried has worked. As long as Sprint keeps fixing it I will keep taking it back.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I also take very good care of my phones, and could maybe understand it failing if I used it for music and speaker phone a large percentage of the time, but I don't. It only sounds when my phone rings, text or email alert, and notifications. I usually keep my ringer volume up at max or just below max but that should not kill the speaker within a few months. I just took it into Verizon and they are going to replace it again. I asked the Rep if she had others returned for this same issue and she said never. Good to know that they are honoring the warranty though, no questions even asked. I told them the problem and they said they would send me a replacement, didn't even ask me to reproduce the problem or to see my phone.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon customer service over the phone has always been outstanding for me. Every time I've called them with a problem with a phone they have really helped resolve the issue, even if it meant sending me another phone.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the speaker on my 3rd Trophy is starting to fail. Its not bad yet, but it always starts the same way, sort of makes an echo sould with text and email alerts. I will wait until it gets too bad to understand people on speaker then I will have to swap it out again. I'm still at a loss as to why these speakers keep failing?!?

hotsoda1

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Trophy failing also

I am on my 5th HTC Trophy because of the blown load speaker. I've taken it back to the verizon store every time (which has been the last 5 months, and needless to say they know me by my first name) I finally contacted verizon and sent them a pretty irritated letter. Finally a couple weeks later their giving me a Droid Incredible 2. I wish i didn't have to get rid of my windows phone because i love it but oh well, i'm sick of it not working correctly...hope this helps..

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Watch the Incredible's speaker too. My friend is on his 3rd HTC Incredible, which is the same hardware as the trophy. He said it is a known issue in the HTC/Android community with the loudspeaker failing. I would hope they would have fixed this with the incredible 2 though.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

DGIBBA

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup,, same story here. It needs yet another loud speaker replacement. This will be number three for me. Hows it go??..Three strikes and your dumping your windows phone

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had 3 new Arrives and 3 new speakers over the 6 or so months that I had the Arrive. Then I dumped Sprint for an Titan on at@t

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm worried about this as I just got this new Trophy and don't want to waste one of my ChevronWP7 tokens on it just to have some hardware failure like that. Have the speakers generally gone out pretty quick for those of you with the problem? I use the speakerphone multiple times a day so I guess I will find out pretty quick.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be failing now too. I only have used speaker phone a few times, and only have the ringer/alert up on the weekends. I do use the alarm nearly every day. Maybe that did it in.

I'll be going to Verizon tonight or tomorrow night.

jet_tek1

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems to be failing now too. I only have used speaker phone a few times, and only have the ringer/alert up on the weekends. I do use the alarm nearly every day. Maybe that did it in.

I'll be going to Verizon tonight or tomorrow night.

I use mine for an alarm as well...Mine has blown three times as well. I just live with it now...the only other alternatives to getting a new phone every couple of months and dealing with reinstalling all of my apps, is to buy new speakers at [http://www.repairsuniverse.com]

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Why can't you just do the exchange at a Verizon store? Maybe I'll just wait until closer to when the warranty will expire, and deal with it for now.

jet_tek1

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Why can't you just do the exchange at a Verizon store? Maybe I'll just wait until closer to when the warranty will expire, and deal with it for now.
The last time I did exchange it, the Verizon stores here don't carry replacements in their inventory. They get commissions to push Android and Crapple iPhones....not WP7's. So then you have to wait for the cell to ship. When my contracts up, I think I'll switch...verizon only carries one WP7 :mad:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. I mean the Nokia Lumia is a pretty awesome phone for $99 with a contract. Unless Verizon has some seriously good new equipment for good pricing, I will be looking elsewhere. I want to keep wp7, and not jump to something else.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I find this thread so weird. My Trophy is the loudest phone I've ever heard in my life! I always play music full volume, I have an alarm that goes off every day at full volume. Even play those mosquito ringtones at full volume to piss off the neighbors dogs. Never had a problem with it!

Curious, do you guys with the blown speakers have the srs enhancement on or off? I always have it on and it makes everything drastically louder!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had it on, and it still failed. New one is working good though. I only used mine for an alarm and occasional speaker phone. Must just be the luck of the draw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077