HTC Connected Media App not working

JenkTJ27

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to Mango 7720 from developer beta. I can't get the HTC Connected Media App installed from the market place. Says it is not available on my device.

Anyone else seeing this or have it installed and working on a Trophy?

dimitrists

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to Mango 7720 from developer beta. I can't get the HTC Connected Media App installed from the market place. Says it is not available on my device.

Anyone else seeing this or have it installed and working on a Trophy?

I have the exact same problem. I forced installed mango and now my phone says that I have OS Version 7.10.7720.68. Probably this is not the final version or this is the RTM. Don't know what to do next.

JenkTJ27

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Got it installed today. I was at work and thought I would see if something was updated. It installed. The only difference I can think of is that I did over 3G network as we do not have WiFi at work.

Now I just need to get connected to a DLNA compliant streamer. I thought windows media player would work, but all I get is No Music Found when I try to open each media folder. I get connected to the server. Should WMP work as a dlna media streamer?

dimitrists

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Got it installed today. I was at work and thought I would see if something was updated. It installed. The only difference I can think of is that I did over 3G network as we do not have WiFi at work.

Now I just need to get connected to a DLNA compliant streamer. I thought windows media player would work, but all I get is No Music Found when I try to open each media folder. I get connected to the server. Should WMP work as a dlna media streamer?

I finaly installed it yesterday over wifi. The app is excellent. It can connect to my dlna server witch is installed on a NAS. Quite slow I must say but it works. I can push all video from camera to my wd live, and it plays instantly on my tv !!!! I can also manage and push music to my dlna home theater which is quite impresive.

JenkTJ27

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I am able to connect now. Two issues. I now understand the contextual menus where if I selected media servers under music and then select the videos folder, of course no music would be fine. Why the menus are this way I do not get, but it is workable. Second, for some reason, a reboot was needed in order to browse anything.
However, now when I finally get to select something to play, it is damn slow to browse, I get a message saying that file could not be played. I was trying an mp3.

I am going to try another dlna server now. Maybe Tversity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos