Verizon are you serious?!

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am posting in this thread, because it deals with mango OS, but I went online today to possibly buy a trophy because there are no leaks, rumors or anything of possible Verizon phones in the future so I am about to give up and the price is now...$150...really Verizon? A week ago (pre-mango) the phone was $50...Now that mango is released and everyone sees how amazing it is Verizon tries to jack up the price and not release any new mango phones.

Does this frustrate anyone else??

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke to a Verizon sales associate and here is what he said. He says yes he knows so I guess that's a positive?

Me: Thank you, Also do you know if Verizon will be releasing any new Windows Phone 7 in the near future?

Salesman: Yes, but I do not have any time or date on them and the trophy goes on sale once a month so look for it to be back on sale this month.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Amazonwireless rules! They always get phones down to penny, even the newly released ones. Well you gotta wait at least a month or two after release to see the penny. But it's always worth the wait.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Its only a penny for new customers..i tried to upgrade for my sister and it was 50$

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Its only a penny for new customers..i tried to upgrade for my sister and it was 50$

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

For which carrier? Because I've upgraded my last 3 phones through amazon and I've only paid a penny. I have AT&T and they (AT&T) always give me an early upgrade (6 months earlier). I don't even ask, I just look at my account online and it shows I'm eligible.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I would wait to see if it goes on sale again. If it is only an online sale, and you want it then, I would go to the store and ask if they can match the online price. I did this, and while I had to pay for it up front, they credited my account by $50 for each phone (we got 2) to match the online price.

BigCTM

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
New Trophy user here...Picked one up on Ebay last night for 230 out of contract...I have not used a Windows OS since the Dell Axim days...Tired of Android and wanted to try something different...

narrow-minded

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
New Trophy user here. Best Buy (at least the ones in the Twin Cities, MN) has been selling them for $50 for as long as I can remember.

I cannot think of any good reason to buy a phone directly from the carrier. They almost always charge more, and you have to deal with those pesky rebates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3