Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I dropped my phone today and cracked the screen :(

On the plus side, it still works for now. Is there any how tos for taking the phone apart and replacing the screen? Mainly looking for any special tools needed or anything I need to watch out for. Thanks.

I'm interested in this info as well. My friend dropped mine.
    Rollin' with an HTC Trophy, outfitted with Verizon Wireless decals.
    Checkout my electronic band!
    http://www.facebook.com/polarisbears
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,259 Global Posts
    I know that there a few places on the internet that replace screens on the iPhone. Maybe they would do it for a different brand.

There are OEM parts shop on the net, like this one: Cell phone parts - Original cellphone repair parts and accessories You could also search eBay.

Good luck to you
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Did you have it in a case?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Yes, I have a Barely There case by Case Mate. It wouldn't have helped anyway, it landed on the corner of a step.

Deos anyone know what holds the screen in? Is it somekind of adhesive?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Should help other trying to do this. Just did it on mine. I bought the screen from Ebay, you will need a T5 Torx bit and a small phillips screwdriver.

Anyone know of a company you can pay to get to replace the screen for you? I bought one with a cracked screen for $50! Considering I paid $200 for mine, and screen repairs usually run $100, I thought it was a good deal.
    Current Phone: HTC Trophy

Device: Zune 120

Previous Phones:
    Audiovox Thera 2032, Samsung SCH-i600, UTStarcom XV-6700, HTC XV6800, Motorola Qm, Kin TwoM, Samsung Omnia II

Follow the guide and do it yourself. I'm such a dork I watched the video just to see what was inside haha.