Verizon HTC Trophy - 8GB or 16GB?

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing a lot of 8GB and 16GB Verizon Trophy listings on ebay. The Verizon site says only 16GB. Is the 8GB an older model? Are the 8GB listings incorrect?

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
My question is, do 8GB Verizon Trophys exist? Every official spec I've seen lists them all as 16GB. Ebay is the only place I've seen both 8GB and 16GB Trophys.

EDIT: So I'm wondering if there is an ebay error where the "stock" specs for a Verizon Trophy list 8GB, but in reality all of them are actually 16GB.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a unbranded/unlocked GSM only Trophy from Germany. It came with 8GB of space. Maybe that is what you are seeing, or the seller screwed up when listing the phone.

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I checked ebay by doing the following: set up as if I was going to sell a VZW Trophy. The ebay preloaded specs list the device at 8GB. Sure enough, i looked at some of the 16GB listings on ebay (where the title or written description specifically stated 16GB) and the pre-filled specs still listed 8GB. It's an ebay error.

As it turns out, I won a VZW Trophy which was listed as 8GB. I'll report back here once I have it in my hand, but I fully expect it will actually have 16GB of storage memory.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I checked ebay by doing the following: set up as if I was going to sell a VZW Trophy. The ebay preloaded specs list the device at 8GB. Sure enough, i looked at some of the 16GB listings on ebay (where the title or written description specifically stated 16GB) and the pre-filled specs still listed 8GB. It's an ebay error.

As it turns out, I won a VZW Trophy which was listed as 8GB. I'll report back here once I have it in my hand, but I fully expect it will actually have 16GB of storage memory.

If it's a VZW Trophy it will have 16GB of space.

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
If it's a VZW Trophy it will have 16GB of space.

That's what I thought. Ebay botched the specs. I'd say 75% of the Verizon Trophys on ebay are listed at 8GB, since most people don't know or care how much internal memory their phone has. (Not most people in these forums, but general population.)

JohnC#WP

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Be Brave and upgrade to 32GB. :)

I've bought a htc trophy (verizon, red housing) from a friend for $50. It has a broken LCD and digatizer. I plan on changing the housing (bought the yellow housing for $30), and the LCD and digatizer (for $50), and figured since I've got it opened up, I would upgrade the memory.

My question is, since the VZW trophy is already 16 GB, can it upgraded to 32 GB? Also, what size card do I buy? 8 GB for 16, or 16 for 32?

I would be pumped if I could upgrade it to 64, but I don't think I can...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans