trophy wont connect to any wifi networks after tethering update

dkshao

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I updated my trophy with the tethering update about a week ago, 2 days ago I was unable to connect to any wifi networks despite using them constantly with no changes prior to the error.

After a heap of messing around with settings and trying different things, HTC advised me to factory reset my phone, this wasn’t an option for me as I’d lose all my sms data.

After a bit more effort in trying to fix this I remembered that I’d just updated my trophy with a wifi related update, went into zune and restored the backup they had automatically made at the time I updated. that did the trick, can now connect to wireless networks again :).

Sure I lost a week’s worth of activity (sms, apps, new contact info etc) but it was a lot better than a factory reset.

I had this up on the wp7 section of the MS answers site b4 I realised about the fix, someone from Germany also had the same problem so I’m pretty sure it’s a larger problem.
Thought I’d mention it here so people can be cautioned about the update and have a potential alternative to a factory reset.

Would be curious to know if it’s a larger problem or if it’s just a few handsets.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Well that's not so bad you never lost the lot by performing a Hard Reset.

Good job you remembered about your Zune update .:)

I was quite lucky with my previous phone (Omnia 7) every update I got for it never broke anything.

Welcome along to WPCentral dkshao. :)

Any other Trophy users experienced dkshao's problem ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs