This is how pathetic Verizon is...

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
"LAS VEGAS--Verizon isn't holding a press conference at CES, but that hasn't stopped the carrier from spilling a ton of announcements on the show's official Press Day.

Just before it showed off the Motorola Droid 4, a Droid Razr in purple, and the new Droid Razr Maxx this morning, Big Red also unveiled a new BlackBerry world phone with the Curve 9370. "

Read more: Verizon goes global with BlackBerry Curve 9370 | CES 2012: Smartphones - CNET Blogs

BigCTM

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of giving up my Verizon unlimited data to move to at&t...I never use more than 2 GB per month anyway. At least they acknowledge the existence of new Windows phones...Like I have said before, Verizon is a Droid shop.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
This sucks...the used Trophy I got has lost the accelerometer so a new phone would be great...I have my remaining NE2 and don't want to waste it on a Trophy...and loathe going back to Android. And I want a bigger screen if anything, so the postage stamp sized iPhone is out. Thanks VZW....:mad:

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it stinks the most that we are stuck with a gen 1 phone. No gyroscope, no faster gpu, no acceptable camera. Terrible! We've got to be able to do something besides leaving, right?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it stinks the most that we are stuck with a gen 1 phone. No gyroscope, no faster gpu, no acceptable camera. Terrible! We've got to be able to do something besides leaving, right?
Sadly, I don't think so. Contracts are the only thing they care about. So unless you're willing to leave they really don't care. I've already decided to leave if they don't have anything new by the time my contract is up.

By the way, if you do decide to leave, make sure you tell the Verizon folks why you're leaving. It's the only way they'll listen.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This sucks...the used Trophy I got has lost the accelerometer so a new phone would be great...I have my remaining NE2 and don't want to waste it on a Trophy...and loathe going back to Android. And I want a bigger screen if anything, so the postage stamp sized iPhone is out. Thanks VZW....:mad:

Try picking a used one up off craigslist or something to hold you over.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
That's it. I'm not leaving Verizon, so I'm willing to wait and see what happens. It helps that I'm not due an upgrade for a while.

I'm not leaving either. I am not giving up unlimited data and much better coverage in my area + a discount through my work on my verizon plan. No wp(yet) is worth me leaving.

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Trophy the day it came out and was thinking about trying to early upgrade if they got a new Nokia phone. On one hand, maybe it's good to wait for the Apollo upgrade with dual core and higher resolution. On the other hand, what's the chance that Verizon will get one of those when they're introduced. Had to wait months between WP7 launch and the release of the Trophy. Verizon is annoying, but like others I'm not sure I want to give up unlimited data (even though I've never gone over 2GB yet) and (maybe) superior coverage where I live. They annoy me though.

WayneDiesel34

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, I don't think so. Contracts are the only thing they care about. So unless you're willing to leave they really don't care. I've already decided to leave if they don't have anything new by the time my contract is up.

By the way, if you do decide to leave, make sure you tell the Verizon folks why you're leaving. It's the only way they'll listen.

Even then they wouldn't listen lol. VZW is just out of order. They wanted WP to have LTE, well they have announced one and all VZW can talk about is android this and android that.

In their mind everyone wants a droid or an iPhone. But everyone doesn't. At least I don't.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Even then they wouldn't listen lol. VZW is just out of order. They wanted WP to have LTE, well they have announced one and all VZW can talk about is android this and android that.

In their mind everyone wants a droid or an iPhone. But everyone doesn't. At least I don't.

The Nokia Lumina 900/Ace has LTE, AT&T is getting it but, there is a lot of rumors about Verizon getting it...

I'm crossing my fingers on that one, that is one bad a$$ phone (worth signing a 2 year for)

If I didn't have the unlmited data and a NE2 for $100, I would think of switching to AT&T too because that 900 is going to be a HOT WP7 device. The flagship WP7 device.

anon(1051759)

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Not looking good

I can't see Verizon bringing a Nokia WP7 to their network unless they are able to keep Nokia Drive off the device. Competes directly with their VZ Navigator offering.

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't see Verizon bringing a Nokia WP7 to their network unless they are able to keep Nokia Drive off the device. Competes directly with their VZ Navigator offering.

If that were the problem then they would have no Droids on their shelves either, every droid has free turn by turn with Google navigation.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
First post...

I work for Verizon Wireless as a sales rep. I get ragged on left and right at meetings/kick offs when I pull out my Trophy. I have it as my personal phone and I have a Droid Razr for my work phone. Honestly, my Trophy responds way faster and is just a smoother experience.

Verizon isn't down with WP7.5 for a few reasons that I've gathered:
1) Bad aftertaste from dealing with Windows Mobile 5.5/6.5. I'm reletively new to the company and all I hear about is how terrible Windows phones are. Most of the senior reps haven't even touched a Trophy because Windows Mobile ruined it for everyone.
2) Verizon basically made Android what it is via funding Google hardcore to compete with the iPhone. I think they're kind of cocky because of the success they've gotten from the "Droid" name.

Also, I can't say too much, but there is a new Windows Phone is our promotional material. Literally no details about it at all, but it's shown in our 2012 LTE line up. Looks a lot like the Trophy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)