Got me a Trophy!

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one off eBay for about $190 and now I've got it all set up and what not and I love it! It is a work of art (WP7, anyway). The phone actually feels really nice to hold and I like the screen size, though I think 4.0" would be the sweet spot for me. It's great for a first smartphone and it should definitely be able to hold me over until Verizon gets something else.

I do have a question, though. I sync some files with Windows Live Mesh (pictures and documents) on my computer and I want to be able to access them on my phone. Is this possible?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
willied... congrats on the new device. Only SkyDrive for now for pics and media. Currently, from what I understand, it does not support Live Mesh.

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this should be possible? What kind of files are they? You can access office files from SkyDrive through the office hub. Additionally, there is a SkyDrive app that allows you to access files on SkyDrive.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
After doing a little test, it appears that you can't actually access files synced to SkyDrive via love mesh. This seems a bit bizarre. It's as if this storage is segregated from the rest. Bummer.

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Not as good as accessing it through the app or the os probably, but you can access SkyDrive synced files from live mesh through the website in IE.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Not as good as accessing it through the app or the os probably, but you can access SkyDrive synced files from live mesh through the website in IE.

That confirms what I thought. Thanks for the replies, guys. Hopefully they'll work at integrating Mesh better into SkyDrive some day because I really like it on my computer.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
A while ago I heard news that MS was planning on making a live mesh app, but I haven't heard anything since then. It would be better if it were integrated into the OS anyway. It's a shame that mesh is separated from the rest of Skydrive because it's such a great product that a lot of people don't know about because it's hidden so well.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
A while ago I heard news that MS was planning on making a live mesh app, but I haven't heard anything since then. It would be better if it were integrated into the OS anyway. It's a shame that mesh is separated from the rest of Skydrive because it's such a great product that a lot of people don't know about because it's hidden so well.

That would definitely be nice. Here's to hoping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo