update message? where'd it go?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed a message on my phone saying an update was available. I plugged in my phone to the computer and I can't find an update anywhere. Has anybody else seen this today?

I already have Mango, so that's not it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it was an app? I had a few apps update last night

No, not an app.

I unlocked my phone and there was a pop-up message on the screen. It was saying something to the effect of ".....to keep my phone running smoothly, it is necessary to install the latest update. Plug in your phone....yada, yada, yada."

I had to touch dismiss, close or something to get to the tile screen. I had been asleep so I was still a bit foggy when I saw it, but thought "hey, an update for my phone!" Naturally, when I got up, I plugged in my phone, checked the update status and the Zune software says the phone is up to date. I left in plugged in for a few minutes thinking maybe it needed time to sync with Microsoft, but nothing.

I find it hard to think that it was just some courtesy message from Microsoft saying to keep my phone updated with the latest software version; because I have. :straight:

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting something now too!

I'll let you know if the Radio's changed to what I wrote above.

Yes - I just got:
Firmware revision number: 2305.13.20110.605

Radio software version: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U

I am currently using this phone as a WiFi only device because the 3G was not working when I set it up and wanted to start using it. I reverted back to my DroidX waiting for this because I did not want to lose all of my set-up & settings.

I will switch to this phone & see if 3G now works (probably tomorrow) ... if not I'll go back to the DX & wait for the Global Lumia (which I hope they make).

Last edited:

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, I reactivated this phone but I DID NOT get 3G to work. Let it be known it did not work before either (an eBay phone that I've been using as a WifI device)

After many minutes with a very nice 2nd level tech @ Verizon we concluded that I will have to perform a hard reset which should make the 3G kick back in and with the latest radio & firmware updates should keep it that way.

When I have the time, energy, & patience I will hard reset it, re-setup the Trophy and then reactivate it on Verizon to see if it works. I'll post the results here.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
OK, the message is back:

"An update is available.

Updates can make your phone work better and add new features. They can make your phone more secure, too.

To learn more and install this update, connect your phone to your computer."

Here goes

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I reactivated this phone but I DID NOT get 3G to work. Let it be known it did not work before either (an eBay phone that I've been using as a WifI device)

After many minutes with a very nice 2nd level tech @ Verizon we concluded that I will have to perform a hard reset which should make the 3G kick back in and with the latest radio & firmware updates should keep it that way.

When I have the time, energy, & patience I will hard reset it, re-setup the Trophy and then reactivate it on Verizon to see if it works. I'll post the results here.
Have you tried installing and running the HTC Connection Setup app? Some folks are reporting that after getting the firmware update and running the app their 3G is coming back. See this thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/trophy/182373-6.htm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3