Finally found my OS of choice!

smith1386

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Over the past two years I have bought and used every type of phone OS that I could imagine to be useful. I have an Iphone 4, Droid 2, Blackberry Bold 9930 and most recently my HTC Trophy. I am pleased to report that I have finally found a phone and an OS that I can truly stick with.

I used my Iphone 4 for a while and although I do think it is a good phone, it just wasn't right for me. The OS seemed stale and the whole Apple phenomenon has just annoyed me. It definitely has its fair share of apps, buy I have come to realize that apps are not the bread and butter of an OS. They are cool at first, but the wow factor of them wares off. Plus I don't like being locked into the whole Apple philosophy.

The droid 2 was my least favorite phone of them all. From the poor battery life to the sluggish operating system, Android to me is just a mess. I don't want to buy a phone just to realize that I have to root it in order to get the latest version of the OS. Although it has a lot of apps, most of them to me are of poor quality.

The Blackberry Bold 9930 is a decent phone, but the best thing it has going for it is the keyboard. The browser would randomly force close, the phone would restart, the apps that I do use are no where to be found. Thank god I didn't have to deal with the whole bricking issue.

Now I have the HTC Trophy and I am so happy that I bought it and I will not look back. It easily trumps the other three phones that I have and used. Sure it doesn't have the best camera (although I do think it is a good one), or the longest battery life (lasts almost all day for me), but the OS seems so fresh. The OS handles everything in a fluid manner and I have yet to see it slow down at all. It has all of the apps that I would use except for words with friends and hanging with friends, but the Xbox Live games more than make up for the lack of these few apps. It is extremely intuitive and easy to use. I am so happy that I have finally found a phone OS that I can call my own.

So to all of you other Windows Phone users out there, I am happy to add to your ranks and expect great things from Microsoft in the future. I have finally come to realize what you all have known all along!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPC and the WP platform. I'm on AT&T, so no Trophy for me, but I'm enjoying my Focus S!

smith1386

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
@duvi are you going to get the lumia 900? And do you prefer windows phone over iOS?
I am not sure if the lumia 900 is going to be available on Verizon, but I don't think I will. Although, it does look like it is going to be a great device. I am quite happy with my Trophy.

I definitely prefer windows phone over iOS. Windows phone just seems more responsive and the apps are of top quality. Sure iOS has a lot more apps, but like I said, I only use so many. I much prefer the tiles of metro ui on windows phone to the standard grid of apps and folders on iOS. I find that I can get what I need done faster with windows phone than any other OS that I have used. I honestly feel that as more people use windows phone, the market share for these devices will rapidly increase. It is definitely a top notch OS that is only going to continue to develop and get that much better.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Here is an idea for the Moderator. Maybe you can get the first post in the ever growing list of posts like this one and label it, "Testimonials". Lock it down so not comments. Just a place for readers to see users first WP impressions.

For the OP. Glad you found what you were looking for. It will only get better.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

anon(27512)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if the lumia 900 is going to be available on Verizon, but I don't think I will. Although, it does look like it is going to be a great device. I am quite happy with my Trophy.

I definitely prefer windows phone over iOS. Windows phone just seems more responsive and the apps are of top quality. Sure iOS has a lot more apps, but like I said, I only use so many. I much prefer the tiles of metro ui on windows phone to the standard grid of apps and folders on iOS. I find that I can get what I need done faster with windows phone than any other OS that I have used. I honestly feel that as more people use windows phone, the market share for these devices will rapidly increase. It is definitely a top notch OS that is only going to continue to develop and get that much better.

Thanks for your reply. :) I like iOS but I'm getting a little bored with it, and windows phone 7 looks so cool.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for Verizon to get a Nokia phone.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

Me too. Luckily my primary contract is eligible for upgrade in August 2012 and I wouldn't have a problem waiting until December 2012 when the 2 years is up. :cool:

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Over the past two years I have bought and used every type of phone OS that I could imagine to be useful. I have an Iphone 4, Droid 2, Blackberry Bold 9930 and most recently my HTC Trophy. I am pleased to report that I have finally found a phone and an OS that I can truly stick with.

I used my Iphone 4 for a while and although I do think it is a good phone, it just wasn't right for me. The OS seemed stale and the whole Apple phenomenon has just annoyed me. It definitely has its fair share of apps, buy I have come to realize that apps are not the bread and butter of an OS. They are cool at first, but the wow factor of them wares off. Plus I don't like being locked into the whole Apple philosophy.

The droid 2 was my least favorite phone of them all. From the poor battery life to the sluggish operating system, Android to me is just a mess. I don't want to buy a phone just to realize that I have to root it in order to get the latest version of the OS. Although it has a lot of apps, most of them to me are of poor quality.

The Blackberry Bold 9930 is a decent phone, but the best thing it has going for it is the keyboard. The browser would randomly force close, the phone would restart, the apps that I do use are no where to be found. Thank god I didn't have to deal with the whole bricking issue.

Now I have the HTC Trophy and I am so happy that I bought it and I will not look back. It easily trumps the other three phones that I have and used. Sure it doesn't have the best camera (although I do think it is a good one), or the longest battery life (lasts almost all day for me), but the OS seems so fresh. The OS handles everything in a fluid manner and I have yet to see it slow down at all. It has all of the apps that I would use except for words with friends and hanging with friends, but the Xbox Live games more than make up for the lack of these few apps. It is extremely intuitive and easy to use. I am so happy that I have finally found a phone OS that I can call my own.

So to all of you other Windows Phone users out there, I am happy to add to your ranks and expect great things from Microsoft in the future. I have finally come to realize what you all have known all along!

Smith1386 - We must share DNA or something, because the 4 devices you mentioned - the HTC Trophy, Motorola Droid 2, Apple iPhone 4, and RIM Blackberry Bold 9930 - are the EXACT 4 devices I either have or would like to get for WP OS, Android OS, iOS, and Blackberry OS. (I'm considering buying the iPhone 4 and/or Blackberry Bold 9930 off-contract on eBay. BTW, you don't happen to have a Palm Pre 2 as well, do you? :D) Thanks for your insights, and I'd be interested in more of your insights on the iPhone 4 and Blackberry Bold 9930 (though this thread probably isn't the place for that).

BTW, though I'm not quite as enamored by the Trophy/Windows Phone OS as I was when I first got it (mainly because the lack of an option to preload images in e-mails and having to download those images in every single e-mail if I want to see them irritates me), I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I also think Windows Phone OS is the mobile OS most likely to grow in terms of functionality/capabilities over the next 1-2 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb