Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

This morning I was at a restaurant with my Trophy on the table and I spilled my salsa directly onto the top half of the phone. I had it cleaned in less than five seconds, but some liquid apparently got in between the layers of my screen. Now the top, left corner is all blotchy and I'm not sure what to do. If worst comes to worst, I could just ignore it, but it has already become annoying. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Judge_Daniel; 02-13-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Maybe you could try the trick of putting it in a bag full of uncooked rice. Supposedly it pulls moisture out of the phone, but I've never tried it myself.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    The rice thing sort of works but with water only. The salsa will leave residue.

Do you have insurance on the phone?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,523 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
    Maybe you could try the trick of putting it in a bag full of uncooked rice. Supposedly it pulls moisture out of the phone, but I've never tried it myself.
    Ditto, uncooked rice is the best best, but as Ohgeez10 said, Salsa will leave a residue. Also maybe try some compressed air???.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts
    You should be able to order some new adhesive and then do a search on youtube for the trophy screen teardown instructions, take it apart, clean it, and put it back together.

I totally made it worse...I tried to clean it with rubbing alcohol and q-tips and somehow the alcohol spread all throughout the screen. I guess I had the q-tips too wet. I'm sure alcohol will evaporate, though, so I'm leaving it in rice overnight and if that doesn't work, I'm going to bake it at a very low temp for a few minutes. If none of this works, I would try the teardown and then insurance. I'm sure my warranty is void due to the liquid, anyway.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.