HTC Trophy as my first Windows Phone?

Jared DiPane

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Currently I am a Verizon customer. I want to get my first Windows Phone and noticed that they offer the HTC Trophy, and I can get one online pretty cheap right now.

Knowing little about Windows Phones, the specs and all ... is this a good entry level phone?

Would love some thoughts about it.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Great phone. I just compared it to the new Nokia at AT&T and things move at the same speed as the newest Windows Phone. Read the reviews on Amazon and Verizonwireless and you will see that people love the phone. It is solid and well-built and should get you through the day with the battery. But, is has a removable battery that is common to some other HTC phones and you can find them cheap. I don't know if you want to lock yourself into a contract for two years, but it's a sweet phone and easy to use.

Jared DiPane

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Great phone. I just compared it to the new Nokia at AT&T and things move at the same speed as the newest Windows Phone. Read the reviews on Amazon and Verizonwireless and you will see that people love the phone. It is solid and well-built and should get you through the day with the battery. But, is has a removable battery that is common to some other HTC phones and you can find them cheap. I don't know if you want to lock yourself into a contract for two years, but it's a sweet phone and easy to use.

Thanks! I would likely buy it off contract, they are like ~175 on eBay and such. May just have to go and grab one of them to play with.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Trophy is definitely worth buying off-contract on eBay for $175 IMO. Buy the Trophy, and by the time Verizon starts supporting Windows Phone (which will probably occur when Windows Phone 8 OS comes out...after AT&T helped promote platform adoption with the Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II), you'll know if you like WP OS and want to get an Apollo (Windows Phone 8 OS) smartphone or not.

Jared DiPane

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The HTC Trophy is definitely worth buying off-contract on eBay for $175 IMO. Buy the Trophy, and by the time Verizon starts supporting Windows Phone (which will probably occur when Windows Phone 8 OS comes out...after AT&T helped promote platform adoption with the Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II), you'll know if you like WP OS and want to get an Apollo (Windows Phone 8 OS) smartphone or not.

That does sound like a great idea.

I love all of the mobile OS platforms, but one that I neglected was Windows Phone. Part of the reason behind it was it scared me with the big buttons, and the inability to change the look of that, but I am over it. I have read some pretty great things, the hardware always looks well made, and that is important.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos