Trophy update problem

Honkie McGee

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I updated to 7740 without any problems. But now I can't update to 8107.

The update process always gets stuck at Step 6: Restarting your phone. My phone will reboot to the "Connect to PC" screen, but it never recognizes that it is connected. When the update process times out it gives me error# 801812C1 (Installing and troubleshooting problems during the software update for Windows Phone). I've tried updating my drivers and I've run the "Microsoft Fix It" program with no luck. I've even uninstalled & reinstalled Zune since that's what I had to do to get the VZW radio update a couple of months ago, still nothing.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Honkie McGee

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Uninstalling Norton antivirus and reinstalling Zune (again) got me up to 8107, but now I'm having the same problem at step 6 with the HTC update. Grrr.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you running the update from a PC or a laptop? You may want to check your USB power settings. They maybe going to sleep on you and it isn't able to reconnect afterwards.

Honkie McGee

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. (Didn't even know there were USB power settings to change.) However, I got tired of fighting my old XP laptop and finished the update on a much newer Win 7 machine at the office.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720