Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

81 Posts
    So I've had my HTC Trophy since day 1 on Verizon. Unfortunately, last night I accidentally dropped it in the bathtub (don't ask). Although I removed it from the water quickly, it was fully submerged. The capacitive buttons were lit up, but the screen was black (not sure if it timed out or what). I immediately rushed to remove the battery and tried to dry things off. I then put the phone and battery in rice, hoping to save the phone. I let things sit in rice by the window all day while I was at work, then inspected the phone. I noticed some water droplets inside the camera lense, so decided to take the phone apart, aided by a video posted online. I dried things off a bit and then put the individual pieces in rice, except one of them that I put in with some silica gel desicates. I was getting anxious but left the components in the bags for a few hours. I then decided to reassemble things and try my luck. I held the power button and VOILA! It powered up! Everything seems to be working mostly fine at this point (I did manage to break one of the screws, though...shouldn't be a big deal). So my Trophy is once again functioning. Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled about it.
    Retired Moderator

2,401 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    Glad to hear it! Having to get a phone when you're not planning on it stinks.

81 Posts
    Yeah I wasn't looking forward to doing that, as I'm not eligible for an upgrade and, even if I were, I want to wait until they get an Apollo device.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express