What should I do?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I got a replacement Trophy because mine was rebooting. I got the replacement Tuesday and it's already rebooted twice. Here's what I consider my options: call Verizon and get a replacement Trophy, try to get a different phone as a replacement, buy a used phone off Craigslist, or live with this phone until November. I really want to stick with a WP, but the rebooting is getting old. Are any of these options more appealing than the other?

Sent from my {HTC Trophy} using Board Express

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, since you're still on contract there's no reason for you to spend any of your money. Keep calling VZW until you get a phone that doesn't reboot.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you installed any apps, especially HTC apps on this new phone? Hard reset the phone. Set it up as you would, but don't install any HTC apps. Try that for a couple days. If it still reboots , get a replacement.

If it's stable you can try any HTC apps you like, but understand if the phone glitches again it will take another hard reset to make it right.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The only HTC app I have installed on the phone is flashlight, besides the HTC hub that was preinstalled. When I was putting my apps on this phone after I got it it switched to airplane mode and rebooted and yesterday it locked up going to the start screen and rebooted. That's not a good sign for a phone I've had since Tuesday. My other Trophy never rebooted prior to the 8107 update. I can reset it, but I really don't want to since it takes so long to get it set up again. I'll probably call Verizon this afternoon, but I don't know if I want another Trophy. If that's all they offer me I'll probably stick with this one until I can upgrade.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Point is, if you get a new phone, isn't that the same thing/trouble as setting up after a hard reset. With 185 apps I feel you pain regarding setup after a reset.

I think most phones have a problem applying all the changes from an OS or firmware update. The changers are there, but other circumstances/third party apps, etc. might prevent things from working properly. A hard reset clears all that up. I hard reset my Surround right after NoDo and just before Mango. I think it helped.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So far my phone hasn't rebooted since Sunday. If it starts doing it again I'll probably reset it at that point. Microsoft really needs to make it easier to set up a phone after a reset. Hope they do something for WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium